Windows 10: WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

Discus and support WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Ever since I have owned my Windows 11 laptop 3 months I have this issues relating to WiFi.When I start my laptop everything works fine - I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CRADLE MOUNTAIN, Nov 15, 2022.

1. WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

Hello,Ever since I have owned my Windows 11 laptop 3 months I have this issues relating to WiFi.When I start my laptop everything works fine - I can surf the net quickly and the online speed tests are fine. The problem is - when I leave the laptop for an hour or so the speed reduces right down to an unbearable level. The wifi is still on and I can surf the net but it will take ages to load a single page. Some specs below:For example, I tried to surf the net just now and it was really slow because the laptop had been at idle for awhile. Speeds wereWiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again :Down: 3.7 MbpsUp: 6.7 MbpsAs normal I im

:)

CRADLE MOUNTAIN, Nov 15, 2022
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Nov 15, 2022
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Nov 15, 2022
  4. Gani 5A6 Win User

WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

my wifi is not turning on

So I have an dell i5 laptop t. It came with Windows 10

WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again 109d03db-4355-43a0-8733-0e564d565ee8.png
    . It had been working perfectly until yesterday. All of a sudden Windows would not allow me to turn wifi on and thus was stuck in airplane mode.
    If you went to the wifi settings and turned it on the switch would just move right back to the off position.

I tried every suggestion I could find on the internet to resolve it (I don't have a wired connection available so had to research on my phone) and nothing worked. The things I have tried are as follows:

• Restart
    • Had windows attempt to diagnose and repair the connection. Every time ti diagnosed that wifi was turned off so it's solution was to turn on wifi which it seemed to do. Then on the part where it validates that the fix worked, the wifi had turned itself back
      off and thus validation failed.

Gani 5A6, Nov 15, 2022
Thema:

WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

1. WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again - Similar Threads - WiFi Times fixed

2. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  3. Wifi timed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi timed out?: So what's been happening is that whenever I launch a game that needs wifi it would randomly disconnect. It never happened before and a game I play is Rust and what happen is when I join a server I can play for like 5 min and it would randomly disconnect me from the server and...
  4. WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Times out but fixed by turning off and on again: Hello,Ever since I have owned my Windows 11 laptop 3 months I have this issues relating to WiFi.When I start my laptop everything works fine - I can surf the net quickly and the online speed tests are fine. The problem is - when I leave the laptop for an hour or so the speed...
  5. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  6. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  7. S7 - WiFi quits working. Turning WiFi off then on fixes it

S7 - WiFi quits working. Turning WiFi off then on fixes it: Every several hours I cannot get anything over the internet. Going to Tools-WiFi shows the phone is connected with strong signal and internet access is OK - but it isn't. If I turn WiFi off and then back on, internet access is normal & I start getting emails, etc. from the...
  8. WiFi connection turns off after some time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection turns off after some time: I turn on my laptop an use it normaly (browsing, playing games...) with a normal stable wifi connection, but after some time (80% of the time) the wifi connection drops and when I try to reconnect to my wifi network it says "Can't connect to this network " on every listed...
  9. Is there a way to schedule the wifi to turn on and off at a certain time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to schedule the wifi to turn on and off at a certain time?: I have a 25 gig internet plan with unmetered data between 3am and 6am. I know you can tell windows to turn the wifi on after 1 hour, 4 hours and 1 day of turning it off. But I am wondering if there is any way I can keep my wifi off and have windows turn it on at 315am and...
  10. Turning wifi off at set times?

Turning wifi off at set times?: Is it possible to set an on/off time for a routers wifi at set times even when the PC is off? Id like to be able to turn the wifi off over night without physically turning it off via the router itself or through the browser. My router allows me to set a time but it doesnt...