Windows 10: Wifi toggle is gone. Tried restarting WLAN Autoconfig. Please help. Using 1903

Discus and support Wifi toggle is gone. Tried restarting WLAN Autoconfig. Please help. Using 1903 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yatlvcar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hat0mj/wifi_toggle_is_gone_tried_restarting_wlan/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yatlvcar, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Wifi toggle is gone. Tried restarting WLAN Autoconfig. Please help. Using 1903

/u/yatlvcar, Jun 17, 2020

2. wlan autoconfig wifi lag spikes

Hi there,

I've been having this issue for several months now where my usually stable 20ms WiFi connection will spike to over 3000ms. I've narrowed it down to the WLan Autoconfig. Whenever the autoconfig scans for changes to the network the spike occurs, this can
    be replicated on demand by clicking the WiFi symbol on the taskbar.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before or knows of a fix? I'm managed to stop the spikes by disabling the wlan autoconfig feature but then my connection speed gradually slows over time and is only resolved when I turn wlan autoconfig back
    on for a minute to reconnect properly.

Neither of these options are fun.

Any help or advice is appreciated

Kind regards,

Andrew

For reference,

multiple usb wifi adaptors tested

tested on sky q hub and mobile hotspot

updated all drivers and bios

Windows up to date

Windows reset

All of these have had no effect.

The next step would probably be a clean install but I'm just checking here first if there's any other ideas

AndrewJamie1, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Adalwar Win User
    WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network

WLAN AUtoConfig is a Intel Program. In W10 AU, MS did change a lot of things and that older Software is not working good.
    So, I suggest to go to Device Manager, your Network Card, right click and UNINSTALL Driver, checking the Box "Delete Driver Software...."
    Afterwords , to go Program and Features and Delete Software for Net Card if it is still there.
    Reboot and do NOT Install any Driver
    Go again to Device Manager and see if WIndows installed Default Drivers for it. If Yes, see if your problem is gone. If NOT, right Click on Driver and Update Driver on-line.
    If that did not help, well, there are 2 options: Roll_Back to previous OS or buy another WiFi Stick.

Adalwar, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Wifi toggle is gone. Tried restarting WLAN Autoconfig. Please help. Using 1903

Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again.

• After recent Windows 10 Update, my wireless connection no longer works. I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP, cable modem, and router, leaving the issue to be something within the computer (Dell laptop - Inspiron 7537).
    • The wired connection works fine
    • When I run Windows Network Diagnosis, it tells me that the Windows Wireless Service is not running (see attached pdf report)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service, i get an error message that says "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error 193:0xc1" (see attached)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt (as Admin) I get a slightly different message that says "The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting. The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 193 has occurred. *** is not a valid Win32 application." (see attached)
    • I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell (V18.20.0.9) for the Wireless-N 7260 wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. This didn't help.
    • I've attached some screenshots and a pdf copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report.
    • Wifi toggle is gone. Tried restarting WLAN Autoconfig. Please help. Using 1903 [​IMG]
    • Wifi toggle is gone. Tried restarting WLAN Autoconfig. Please help. Using 1903 [​IMG]
    • Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report.pdf

yellowjacket03, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Wifi toggle is gone. Tried restarting WLAN Autoconfig. Please help. Using 1903

1. Wifi toggle is gone. Tried restarting WLAN Autoconfig. Please help. Using 1903 - Similar Threads - Wifi toggle gone

2. WiFi still not showing up. WLAN AutoConfig will NOT start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi still not showing up. WLAN AutoConfig will NOT start: What do I need to do to get it back???? A reinstall didn't work! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-still-not-showing-up-wlan-autoconfig-will-not/b5150775-4858-458f-989c-79eb3bd83ee5
  3. WiFi still not showing up. WLAN AutoConfig will NOT start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi still not showing up. WLAN AutoConfig will NOT start: What do I need to do to get it back???? A reinstall didn't work! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-still-not-showing-up-wlan-autoconfig-will-not/b5150775-4858-458f-989c-79eb3bd83ee5
  4. WiFi still not showing up. WLAN AutoConfig will NOT start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WLAN AutoConfig

WLAN AutoConfig: Was having an issue with my hard drive and fixed it by clean booting. Upon doing so WLAN auto config has turned itself off and I can not seem for the life of me to get it to come back on. I also cannot access system file checker nor reset my pc for some reason.Regards,...
  6. Issue with Wifi Wlan Autoconfig, Error 1068

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Wifi Wlan Autoconfig, Error 1068: Issue started this morning when my laptop - out of nowhere - stopped detecting any wireless network whatsoever!Lan works fine That's how I am writing this post. First I tried the normal solutions: Update, enable/disable, uninstall/install network wireless adaptors.- No...
  7. Disable WLAN AutoConfig WiFi auto recovery function.

Disable WLAN AutoConfig WiFi auto recovery function.: Win10Pro 20H2 19042.928 I notices this behavior a few versions back and thought it was my WiFi card acting up but then noticed it on other Win10 computers. The service WLAN AutoConfig will monitor, disconnect and reconnect the WiFi network if the internet is unreachable....
  8. WLAN Autoconfig issues

WLAN Autoconfig issues: Hi, event viewer describes this as a issue: WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll Error Code: 126 I have done every single thing that all the guides/steps say to do WLANauto config is set to automatic and is on in...
  9. WLAN Autoconfig Service not available

WLAN Autoconfig Service not available: Hi, I am facing problem in connecting my WIFI. I am having windows 10 Pro but in Services WLAN Autoconfig is not showing. Also WlanSvc is not available. [ATTACH]...
  10. WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically

WLAN AutoConfig not starting automatically: Each time I restart my PC, I have to start the WLAN AutoConfig service manually. The service property is set to automatic but it still doesn't start. Also, something seems to take several hours to time out waiting for an internet connection when the PC restarts. Can anyone...