Windows 10: WiFi too slow to start after boot...

Discus and support WiFi too slow to start after boot... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Over the last few months, I notice that my WiFi is too slow to start after boot, and internet connectivity happens even later. It takes well over 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Apr 21, 2020.

1. WiFi too slow to start after boot...

Over the last few months, I notice that my WiFi is too slow to start after boot, and internet connectivity happens even later. It takes well over 5 minutes after my device boots up completely for internet to actually work. But once it starts working, it works without problems.

Here is how the icon looks just after boot the globe icon instead of the usual WiFi icon:

WiFi too slow to start after boot... c73aa6b4-c6b6-421b-a71a-0b1db1a00444?upload=true.png

It takes about 2 to 3 minutes after boot for it to change to the usual WiFI icon. But even then there is no internet connectivity. It takes another 2 or 3 minutes after that for internet to actually start working. So a good 5 or 6 minutes after device boots up completely for internet to work.

Surprisingly, I see the same problem on both my laptops. One is HP Windows 10 Laptop, and the other is the latest MacBook Pro running Windows 10 on Bootcamp.

Also, Microsoft Store updates are extremely slow on both machines. It keeps cycling between 'Downloading', 'Almost ready', 'Checking product files', etc. I have a decently fast internet connection, so that is not the problem.

:)

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Apr 21, 2020
  2. zinou Win User

Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

Hi,

Can you take a boot trace ?

Here is the steps:

1. Open a command line as an Administrator (Run As Administrator)
    2. Type the following command in the command line Windows: cd %programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit
    3. Type the following command to start recording the boot trace: wpr -start GeneralProfile -start CPU -onoffscenario Boot -onoffresultspath c:\wpr -numiterations 1 -filemode
    4. Compress the .ETL file generated under the C:\WPR path (very important)
    5. Upload the boot trace file on Dropbox or on TransferNow

zinou, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

WiFi too slow to start after boot...

Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

WiFi too slow to start after boot...

1. WiFi too slow to start after boot... - Similar Threads - WiFi too slow

2. Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up, Search is also too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up, Search is also too slow: 1. Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up the computer2. Even after Start Menu shows up, the Search is also too slow to use at all.I tried deleting all the deletable windows updates. Nothing worked so far.This question was asked by someone else 3 years ago...
  3. Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up, Search is also too slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up, Search is also too slow: 1. Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up the computer2. Even after Start Menu shows up, the Search is also too slow to use at all.I tried deleting all the deletable windows updates. Nothing worked so far.This question was asked by someone else 3 years ago...
  4. Win10 boot speed too slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 boot speed too slow: My windows 10 boot time is literally 3 minutes. I reinstalled windows 10 by choosing the option "Nothing". I don't have any extra apps I just downloaded Opera browser and MS Office 2007 still my boot speed is too slow...
  5. Win10 boot speed too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 boot speed too slow: My windows 10 boot time is literally 3 minutes. I reinstalled windows 10 by choosing the option "Nothing". I don't have any extra apps I just downloaded Opera browser and MS Office 2007 still my boot speed is too slow...
  6. WiFi too slow to start after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi too slow to start after boot: For the last few weeks, I have noticed that my WiFi is too slow to start after boot, and Internet connectivity occurs even long after I start my PC. It takes more than 10 minutes after my device fully boots up for the Internet to really work. But once it starts working, it...
  7. WiFi too slow to start after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi too slow to start after boot: For the last few weeks, I have noticed that my WiFi is too slow to start after boot, and Internet connectivity occurs even long after I start my PC. It takes more than 10 minutes after my device fully boots up for the Internet to really work. But once it starts working, it...
  8. WiFi too slow to start after boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. slow to start boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    slow to start boot: Hello when I start my computer, DVD drive start, after that there is pause while greenlight there, then fan starts and then windows starts, I already changed to ssd drive, I increased memory and sama thing is there somting wrong in BIOS?...
  10. Windows Boot too slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Boot too slow: Whenever I switch on my Laptop , It takes about 2min to load . It is very frustrating . The thing is that it shows multiple messages such as "Waiting for Local Session manager" , "Starting Services" , "Preparing Windows" at every startup and "Stopping services" , "Stopping...