Windows 10: WiFi Tool . . .

Discus and support WiFi Tool . . . in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WiFi Tool . . . I had it before. But, I can't seem to find it. Please send me a link to get it. I will save, the link, for future use. I just wish, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jerry_Dwyer, Apr 6, 2020.

1. WiFi Tool . . .

WiFi Tool . . . I had it before. But, I can't seem to find it. Please send me a link to get it.

I will save, the link, for future use. I just wish, I was hooked up thru a cable company.

But, my wife and I, are both retired. And, she says, "We can't afford it"

Thanks for reading . . . Jerry

:)

Jerry_Dwyer, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

Handy OS X Tools and Apps

You should add VLC to that list. Plays most anything, except WMV/WMA.

And are we sticking to free tools? Cause I have suggestions for some that cost money, but are well worth it IMHO.

Wile E, Apr 6, 2020
  3. tfwul Win User
    Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers?

Laptop install: I am installing Windows 10x 64 using USB created by the latest media creation tool.
    All goes fine upto the point where it says 'Let's connect you to a network'.
    Nothing shows up, even not after a couple of minutes.

The laptop is just 1m away from my modem and the WiFi signal is very strong, I know.

Now, yesterday, after unpacking the laptop, WiFi worked.

I decided to just start with a clean system.
    Formatted the SSD before starting the setup of Windows.

Device Manager->Network Adapters doe not show anything with WiFi, it shows Bluetooth device (Personal Area Network), Bluetooth (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) and all other are WAN Miniport.

Any suggestions?

(note: when skipping this step, Windows install obviously goes on, but there is simply no way get connected, at least not using WiFi.)

tfwul, Apr 6, 2020
  4. cheetahfm Win User

WiFi Tool . . .

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

WiFi Tool . . .

1. WiFi Tool . . . - Similar Threads - WiFi Tool

2. Can not connect with WiFi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not connect with WiFi.: Hello. I am using a HP Notebook 17-y054sa And everytime I try connecting to my WiFi it says unable to connect to this network my phone and game consoles have no problem with the WiFi. When I use the Ethernet cable it keep disconnecting and connecting again making it...
  3. Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show: HelloI was recently having some trouble with my WiFi connections. I performed a network reset and since then have run into more issues.Since doing the network reset, some issues I am having are:No wifi networks show Ethernet does work thoughSome admin tools close after being...
  4. Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show: HelloI was recently having some trouble with my WiFi connections. I performed a network reset and since then have run into more issues.Since doing the network reset, some issues I am having are:No wifi networks show Ethernet does work thoughSome admin tools close after being...
  5. Some Windows Admin Tools close after a few seconds, WiFi networks don't show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Tools to diagnose wifi speed issues?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tools to diagnose wifi speed issues?: I'm looking for a Windows desktop tool to watch internet signal and wifi radio quality over time. I live in semi rural Maryland using Comcast as my ISP. Fiber runs to a node about a mile away, and cable on poles is strung throughout the "neighborhood". A pole across the...
  7. Tools like Wifi, Battery, Sound are not working post BIOS update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tools like Wifi, Battery, Sound are not working post BIOS update: Unable to change WIFI network through any way post BIOS update from 2.6.1 to Dell Inspiron 5480/5488/5482/5580/5582 and Vostro 5481/5581 System BIOS - 2.7.0. When checked with Dell Support they are saying they don't have any experty in providing support and asked to...
  8. win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple...

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 wireless tools connect the WIFI network fail via WPS when there are multiple...: My home wireless network use Netgear Orbi WIFI system.The Netgear Orbi WIFI system is WIFI mesh system, so all wireless SSID and passphrase are same. the wireless encryption is WPA2-PSK. As the following: 1. Firstly I use Win10 wireless tools to scan the openair network...
  9. Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers?: Laptop install: I am installing Windows 10x 64 using USB created by the latest media creation tool. All goes fine upto the point where it says 'Let's connect you to a network'. Nothing shows up, even not after a couple of minutes. The laptop is just 1m away from my modem and...
  10. Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Looking for a WIFI connectivity tool.: Hello, I'm doing some WAP upgrades for a company I work for. They have a pretty robust Cisco lightweight AP system and I'm upgrading the hardware to support wireless AC. I have 60-70 WAPs to go through and I want to go through them quickly. They have multiple subnets...