Windows 10: Wifi trouble and network adapter issues

Discus and support Wifi trouble and network adapter issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently updated to windows 10 pro 1909 and after a few restarts after installing it the pc is not getting connected to any wifi networks nor it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ABHIJITDILIP, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Wifi trouble and network adapter issues

I recently updated to windows 10 pro 1909 and after a few restarts after installing it the pc is not getting connected to any wifi networks nor it is recognising any of the networks present. All other devices in my home find a wifi network. Any of the wireless network adapters are not shown in device manager too. I am not able to install due to absence of internet and not able to find a good one which can be installed in the absence of network. It would be great if anyone recommend a driver .

I will leave the pics of the problem faced.Wifi trouble and network adapter issues [​IMG]

Only ethernet option is shown.Wifi trouble and network adapter issues [​IMG]

Wifi trouble and network adapter issues [​IMG]

Wifi trouble and network adapter issues [​IMG]

:)

ABHIJITDILIP, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 17, 2020
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Wifi trouble and network adapter issues

Network connection trouble

Hi,

This issue can occur from a problematic network driver.

Since your laptop is the only one that cannot see the WiFi network or network name (SSID) of your router, try updating your network driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Right-click on your network adapter and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.
    • Restart your device and see if the issue will continue.

If these steps didn't work, reinstall the network adapter:

• Follow steps 1-3 above.
    • Right-click on your network driver and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your device.
    • Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Wifi trouble and network adapter issues

1. Wifi trouble and network adapter issues - Similar Threads - Wifi trouble network

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD: I recently troubleshooted my wifi & Bluetooth PCIe adapter by resetting my network settings and reinstalling the drivers. Everything was going well until my computer crashed while it was in sleep. I came back to find it stuck in a black screen. I was forced to reboot it using...
  5. Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD: I recently troubleshooted my wifi & Bluetooth PCIe adapter by resetting my network settings and reinstalling the drivers. Everything was going well until my computer crashed while it was in sleep. I came back to find it stuck in a black screen. I was forced to reboot it using...
  6. Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network: I am not able to connect to wifi as it is not getting detected. I have to then execute the netsh command and restart machine. This fixes the problem for some time however in few mins the connection is lost again. Can someone help how i can fix this. the problem has started...
  8. wifi adapter issue

wifi adapter issue: My laptop hotspot uses Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #2 on my laptop. hotspot works as normal when i enable hotspot. however when i off hotspot the ssid of the network still appears from another device like my phone isnt it supposed to be off? and furthermore the ssid...
  9. Wifi/network adapter issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wifi/network adapter issues: So i have this really weird issue. Recently my wifi will auto disconnect itself randomly whether I'm using the internet or not. Sometimes it will stay connected for two hours sometimes less than ten second When i attempt to reconnect it will reset the network adapter and...
  10. Windows 10 wifi Adapter Troubles

Windows 10 wifi Adapter Troubles: Hi everyone! I have this issue recently, - my usb wifi adapter, TP-Link TL-WN727N V4.0 just wont work. Computer sees it in the device manager as 802.1n Wireless adapter. In Metro Devices it shows up as Same 802.1n Adapter but it tells it has no more information about this...