Windows 10: WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

Discus and support WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been on the forums trying to find a way to fix this issue. Windows 10 updated on October 22. My wifi disabled on the same day (adapter is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by srude, Oct 31, 2019.

1. srude Win User

WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

I've been on the forums trying to find a way to fix this issue. Windows 10 updated on October 22. My wifi disabled on the same day (adapter is a Centrino n-6205). All attempts to get the wifi to turn on were stymied. I thought perhaps windows 7 still loaded might be causing issues, so I deleted windows 7. No change. I updated all drivers - nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter - nothing. Currently the system sits in Airplane Mode and will not come out. I installed a usb wifi network adapter - it worked for two hours and then was rendered unusable by the windows system, shutting it down and going back to airplane mode.

I'm totally bamboozled at what might allow me to wifi again.

:)

srude, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Gani 5A6 Win User

my wifi is not turning on

So I have an dell i5 laptop t. It came with Windows 10

WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on 109d03db-4355-43a0-8733-0e564d565ee8.png
    . It had been working perfectly until yesterday. All of a sudden Windows would not allow me to turn wifi on and thus was stuck in airplane mode.
    If you went to the wifi settings and turned it on the switch would just move right back to the off position.

I tried every suggestion I could find on the internet to resolve it (I don't have a wired connection available so had to research on my phone) and nothing worked. The things I have tried are as follows:

• Restart
    • Had windows attempt to diagnose and repair the connection. Every time ti diagnosed that wifi was turned off so it's solution was to turn on wifi which it seemed to do. Then on the part where it validates that the fix worked, the wifi had turned itself back
      off and thus validation failed.

Gani 5A6, Oct 31, 2019
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Oct 31, 2019
  4. WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

1. WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on - Similar Threads - WiFi Turned off

2. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  3. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  4. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wifi turning off and on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  6. Bluetooth randomly turns off and can't be turned back on

Bluetooth randomly turns off and can't be turned back on: Hello, first time poster. The issue I have isn't one I can't deal with so i've just been ignoring it for a long time but it's something that gets on my nerves now and again. Seemingly at random, my computer bluetooth will stop working, the words "Bluetooth has been turned...
  7. Wifi turned off can’t turn back on

Wifi turned off can’t turn back on: I left my computer on overnight to update a game, I woke up to check the update and it says wifi 2 is turned off. I went into the settings to try and turn it back on and it didn’t work. My wifi adapter is a tp-link wireless USB adapter. I have tried to uninstall the driver...
  8. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiel27/firewall_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it_back_on/
  9. WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.: In network setting my network status just has a blank line with dotted lines in between. And there is no wifi button to click on the left side of the page. Also under the settings page in airplane mode the airplane mode toggle switch is locked in the on position. I have...
  10. Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.: Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender/13a2ef85-05bd-4bef-8c77-923e1e371852

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix wifi turned off turn wifi back on