Windows 10: wifi turned off for no reason i cant turn on until

Discus and support wifi turned off for no reason i cant turn on until in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; until i reboot pc. problem started 12-31day for no reason disconnecting from wifi my pc and ethernet cable same issue. for 30sec discconect and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by myka, Jan 16, 2020.

1. myka Win User

wifi turned off for no reason i cant turn on until

until i reboot pc. problem started 12-31day for no reason disconnecting from wifi my pc and ethernet cable same issue. for 30sec discconect and reconnect again , it happens often, after 30sec again disconnect. i reinstall windows same issue. and i cant turn on wifi to see available networks wifi names until i reboot pc, when reboot pc i can turn on wifi and see wifi networks, and connect to my wifi. i reinstall fresh windows, but same issue. wifi turned off and i cant turn on until i dont reboot pc. shut down dont helped. reboot helps, but not always. before everythings fine until 12-31day, before was checked in networks adapter in device manager save power when computer goes to sleep Wifi and Ethernet cable and i dont have an issue. but now i have now windows reinstalled again and default settings come back checked box wifi and ethernet save power, now i unchecked in device manager to save power wifi and ethernet cable, but doing same i cant turn on wifi until i dont reboot pc. when my pc discharged i turned on and i cant turn on wifi until i reboot pc, so when my pc shut down and run out the battery it discconnected from wifi for no reasonwifi turned off for no reason i cant turn on until :)

wifi turned off for no reason i cant turn on until [​IMG]

:)

2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, Jan 16, 2020
  4. wifi turned off for no reason i cant turn on until

WiFi won't turn on

Hi Joel,

As you are facing issues with turning on the Wi-Fi on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Have you turned on Airplane mode on your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if
    Network Adapter is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.
    • Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click on View all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of accessing Wi-Fi for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

wifi turned off for no reason i cant turn on until

1. wifi turned off for no reason i cant turn on until - Similar Threads - wifi turned off

2. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  3. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  4. Screen turning off for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turning off for no reason: Whenever I go on a google meet call I don't know if it is limited to meet calls but that is when I see it happen, which is often, for school and hanging out with long-distance friends, every once in a while my entire screen will go black for a second then turn on again into...
  5. Screen turning off for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turning off for no reason: Whenever I go on a google meet call I don't know if it is limited to meet calls but that is when I see it happen, which is often, for school and hanging out with long-distance friends, every once in a while my entire screen will go black for a second then turn on again into...
  6. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  7. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  8. Wifi turns on and off

9. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  10. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: <p>Hi there.</p><p>I am using a Dell Latitude E5540 and updated my Windows to ''Windows 10, version 1803."</p><p></p><p>Now my wifi keeps turning off every time I restart my computer. I try to turn it on manually, but it doesn't work.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Also, my Airplane mode...