Windows 10: WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

Discus and support WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Damianm, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Damianm Win User

WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I note that I have not had it so far and I suspect that the update has enabled something. So I come with the question, where is this option and where can it be fixed? Best regards.

:)

Damianm, Jul 10, 2020

2. Turning Off Hotspot?

I'm having issues with my computer not turning off Wifi Hotspot. I've tried going into Network and WiFi settings and everything is switched to "off," but I can still see my laptop on the WiFi lists of my laptop and other devices such as my phone and iPad.

Any other suggestions on how to turn it off and keep it from appearing on any devices?

FearthePhenom, Jul 10, 2020
  3. BrennanSB Win User
    WiFi Turning Off After Sleep Even Though It's Set To Not Turn It Off

Hello, I have gone into device manager millions of times and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power," but yet, it turns off WiFi during sleep. When I awake my laptop, it takes a few seconds to turn back on (which is frustrating
    if I need to look up something quickly). Please help me make it not turn off my WiFi, any help is appreciated.

WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop abf62b0f-54bb-40ec-abd3-82aa177ce0ed.png

WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop 2761b07b-4944-4460-8aa6-cc2baa7f0ed1.png

BrennanSB, Jul 10, 2020
  4. aufruhr Win User

WiFi kept turning ON, refused to turn off

hello, I have a brand new ASUS laptop, bought last week (Sept 1st, 2017). this would be my 3rd time turning on the laptop since it is bought and I just noticed a problem. my country isn't big in internet (so expensive to have one installed for home use),
    so I used my android phones as hotspot for the laptop to connect to internet. I managed to set the connection as metered, so no worry for laptop killing the whole data plan again WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop :) today I went online to check update for antivirus and updating the VLC media
    player that I used.

so, my current problem that I just noticed, I turned off the hotspot. the wifi icon is supposed to have red X on it right? but it's not. it has a star and it kept on listing the neighbors' hotspot and kept on telling me to connect to it. then I click on
    the wifi icon, which brings up all the list of networks available to connect to. the last time I clicked on the wifi icon while the list of networks is displayed, the wifi will turn off and give me a box of "turn on wifi manually". but this time, it isn't.
    it just happily turned itself back on. then I searched google, and it said that I can go try the message box thing on the corner next to the clock and date, which just came back to the same page while wifi is kept turning back on after I turned it off.

another search on google, there's no question of not being able to turn off wifi, all questions if about wifi connection kept killing itself after updates.

can anyone help? this wifi from neighboring houses are ALWAYS ON, 24/7, unless there's power outage. they're not actually internet hotspot, but used for the tv, as a bundled deal due to using the ISP's internet. THANKS!

aufruhr, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop - Similar Threads - WiFi turns off

2. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  3. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  4. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  5. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  6. Wifi turns on and off

7. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  8. FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIX: Sleep turns off Laptop: This may apply to only older laptops upgraded from Windows 7. Mine problem laptop is a Lenovo T420s running Windows 10/64. I have three of these almost identically the same. great situation for troubleshooting! After trying almost everything on the forums including checking...
  9. Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad turns off after laptop sleeps: Whenever I put my Acer Spin 7 to sleep and then wake it up again, my touchpad is turned off and I have to go into the touchpad settings and turn it on again. I tried uninstalling the Synaptics drivers and reinstalling, but no dice. The problem definitely has something to do...
  10. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: <p>Hi there.</p><p>I am using a Dell Latitude E5540 and updated my Windows to ''Windows 10, version 1803."</p><p></p><p>Now my wifi keeps turning off every time I restart my computer. I try to turn it on manually, but it doesn't work.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Also, my Airplane mode...