Windows 10: Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode

Discus and support Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue on the latest version of Windows 10 (1903) where my WiFi will turn off if I click on notifications or open up the network icon under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by logan12, Jun 19, 2019.

1. logan12 Win User

Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode

I have an issue on the latest version of Windows 10 (1903) where my WiFi will turn off if I click on notifications or open up the network icon under hidden icons. It will then be disabled and do nothing if I try to enable it. The only way for met o fix it is to go into safe mode with networking and turn on WiFi from there and then restart.

I don't believe the issue is with my wireless card as I have the latest drivers and have actually bought a new card to see if that would help. I have tried pretty much every common fix related to WiFi issues I have had on Windows 10 with no success. (Battery saver options, uninstalling/reinstalling driver, etc.)

The problem will go away if I go back to an older version of Windows, but then I won't be able to use the Xbox App anymore as well as some other newer features.

If there is any insight into this problem, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

:)

logan12, Jun 19, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jun 19, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode

WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode

1. Wifi turns off and remains unable to be turned on except in safe mode - Similar Threads - Wifi turns off

2. Unable to turn off Windows S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to turn off Windows S Mode: Hello, I found that I am unable to install any applications outside of the Microsoft Store in my company Laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. When I tried to turn off the S mode in the Microsoft Store, it reports that I can't turn it off in this version of the Microsoft...
  3. Can’t turn airplane mode off, WiFi on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t turn airplane mode off, WiFi on.: While on my laptop on my home wifi my cat walked across my keyboard and somehow put me into airplane mode. Now I can’t get out of airplane mode or turn wifi on. When I try to turn wifi on I get a message “No Wi-Fi Networks Found”. I know the network is available, my phone is...
  4. YouTube restricted mode unable to turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube restricted mode unable to turn off: YouTube restricts content, I did not set this and unable to change despite exhaustive search for help sites and efforts to. So far unable to locate any suggestions that work....
  5. How to turn off Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off Safe Mode: How do I turn off safe mode (Original Title : HELP) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-safe-mode/6d8da560-3417-4b37-89b2-d24b8b6940bc
  6. Unable to turn off airplane mode.

Unable to turn off airplane mode.: My laptop lenovo ideapad 310, I'm unable to turn off the airplane mode. It's all grayed. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-turn-off-airplane-mode/3b02be8e-4de7-44fd-8354-ceb8e0b9eae8
  7. Unable to turn airplane mode off

Unable to turn airplane mode off: Our HP Laptop model#C2N76UA#ABA. Did a windows 10 update and now the wireless does not work. I am able to plug in an Ethernet cable and can surf the web, but no wireless. It seems as if it is in air plane mode all the time. If I place the pointer over the network icon in the...
  8. Turning off safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning off safe mode: Dudes I encounter a lot of problems with Safe Mode. However I cannot turn off this feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/turning-off-safe-mode/1b25bdef-6575-451c-b76e-fa4b4c92226f
  9. flight mode unable to turn off

flight mode unable to turn off: In windows10 64 bit, computer toggle on f2 functions correctly, but in control, settings, will always revert to flight mode with no way of overriding this, machine asus sonic master purchased Dec 2017. Any ideas?...
  10. Can't Turn Airplane Mode off and Wifi On

Can't Turn Airplane Mode off and Wifi On: There was some type of update that was done and ever since, I don't have a wifi icon and airplane mode is on and greyed out. The network icon is also greyed out. Also, the Windows Security Center Service has bern disabled. I really don't know what to do. I have an HP...