Windows 10: wifi turns off automatically

Discus and support wifi turns off automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop wifi automatically turns off whenever any system work is being done such as turning on the blue-tooth connection or installing a virtual OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DipanjanSarkar1, Jun 19, 2020.

1. wifi turns off automatically

My laptop wifi automatically turns off whenever any system work is being done such as turning on the blue-tooth connection or installing a virtual OS box. Is it any fault of the software or should I check up on my laptop hardwares?

:)

DipanjanSarkar1, Jun 19, 2020

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

wifi turns off automatically [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Jun 19, 2020
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jun 19, 2020
  4. wifi turns off automatically

E72 wifi turns on automatically

My wifi and packet data connections are set to turn on "After Confirmation" (instead of Automatic).

FOr Internet access, Maps, and Nokia Messaging I have set the Access Point to Wifi and set it to "Always Ask" (for incoming & outgoing).

Before I set up Nokia Messaging for my POP account the wifi would come on whenever I selected the Access point when an application requested it, and then turn off once the application was closed. However, after I have set up Nokia Messaging with 4 hour
    sync the wifi keeps turning on by itself. Even if I disconnect the active connection it turns on automatically within a couple of minutes.

Nokia Messaging pops up every four hours asking if it can use the wifi. Even if I have terminated the active wifi a couple of minutes earlier, it will turn on as soon as I select "Cancel" for the popup from Nokia Messaging. In other words, no matter what
    I do, wifi turns on automatically and stays on till I disconnect it... after which it turns on automatically.

I have updated to the latest firmware nokia had for the phone. I have rechecked the settings several times and made sure no other application is active or trying to access the Net.

All I am looking for is for the wifi ti turn on when checking mail and then turn off untill needed after 4 hours, so that batter life is not being used uselessly.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

gauravchand---01, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

wifi turns off automatically

1. wifi turns off automatically - Similar Threads - wifi turns off

2. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  3. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  4. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  6. Wifi Automatically Turns off

Wifi Automatically Turns off: Hi,I am facing this problem since 1-2 months.When the computer goes to sleeps,it's Wifi turns off.Everytime I need to manually turn it on.I then browsed and found that I need to go to Device Manager and check the Properties and all.I did as written.Though it did solve the...
  7. Wifi turns off automatically.

Wifi turns off automatically.: Hi, my wifi turns off automatically after 2 second. Airplane mode is greyed out. I purchased external wifi adapter , still wifi is turning off after 2 second. Can anyone help me . Thanks in advance....
  8. WiFi turning off automatically

WiFi turning off automatically: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My laptop computer was working fine and then one day it wouldn't connect to the internet using WiFi (I got the little red stop sign with an X in it)? It says I'm not connected to the internet and that my WiFi is turned off. When I go to Network and...
  9. turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  10. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: <p>Hi there.</p><p>I am using a Dell Latitude E5540 and updated my Windows to ''Windows 10, version 1803."</p><p></p><p>Now my wifi keeps turning off every time I restart my computer. I try to turn it on manually, but it doesn't work.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Also, my Airplane mode...