Windows 10: WiFi turns off on its own

Discus and support WiFi turns off on its own in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop just updated last night and now every few minutes or so the WiFi shuts itself off. I can turn it back on myself but it also turns itself back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JasonWalkerBowman, May 22, 2020.

1. WiFi turns off on its own

My laptop just updated last night and now every few minutes or so the WiFi shuts itself off. I can turn it back on myself but it also turns itself back on if I wait. The drivers are all fully updated as well so I don’t know what else to do.

submitted by /u/JasonWalkerBowman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JasonWalkerBowman, May 22, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, May 22, 2020
  3. Turn of push notice 'action required Wifi' Lumia 950

Hi, Kittyvan H.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Turn WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by taping on WiFi quick action button or by managing your
    WiFi notification by following these steps:

• Slide your finger downwards on the screen.
    • Press All settings.
    • Press Network & wireless.
    • Press WiFi. and then select Wi-Fi Sense.
    • Turn on/off "Connect to suggested open hotspots".
    • Uncheck "Show a notification banner when action is needed from me".

Let us know if it works.

Marcel Dio, May 22, 2020
  4. WiFi turns off on its own

WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 22, 2020
Thema:

WiFi turns off on its own

1. WiFi turns off on its own - Similar Threads - WiFi turns off

2. Wifi adapter turning off on it's own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter turning off on it's own: So basically my wifi adapter Mediatek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 keeps disabling itself every hour or two, and when I try enabling it it just doesn't turn on. Is there any way to fix this? I tried updating my drivers but windows says i already have the latest version....
  3. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  4. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  5. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  7. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  8. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Camera is turning on and off on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera is turning on and off on its own: Something it is happening with my camera. It starts turning on or off on its own, without any interference on my side. What kind of issue it is? I have Acer Predator Helios and Windows 10. Thank you...
  10. Wifi keeps shutting off on its own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps shutting off on its own: Recently had to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. I network connections I set the wifi network to always connect. However of the computer is shut down or goes into sleep mode the wifi shuts down. I have set the network card to not shut off to save power. Our pc is a desktop and...