Windows 10: WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep

Discus and support WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! So a few months ago I got a new Windows 10 computer, but this issue started a while after. When I wake my computer from sleep, the WiFi for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmeraldParrot, Jan 4, 2020.

1. WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep

Hi! So a few months ago I got a new Windows 10 computer, but this issue started a while after.

When I wake my computer from sleep, the WiFi for the entire house shuts off for up to 30 minutes. I’m using an ethernet cable. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe this problem started happening when my brother also connected an ethernet cable from his Windows 10 pc to our router. I’ve tried changing various internet settings, but I still can’t solve this problem. If you have a solution, let me know! Thanks!

:)

EmeraldParrot, Jan 4, 2020

2. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Jan 4, 2020
  4. _JP_ Win User

WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

_JP_, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep

1. WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep - Similar Threads - WiFi turns off

2. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  3. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?: So I recently built a new gaming PC and installed Windows 10A few minor hiccups mostly user errors lol but I thought I had the OS figured out.Until this morning, I booted up my PC just to make sure it still ran, then went to eat breakfast. When I came back it had gone into...
  4. Computer shut off when waking from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. windows wont wake up from sleep or when the screen is turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont wake up from sleep or when the screen is turn off: i just installed a fresh win11 last week and the sleep works well until i decided to turn on the hibernate, after this when windows goes to sleep it won't turns on, i have to turn it off and on back, this is frustrating, so i went to turn off the hibernation and also put the...
  6. windows wont wake up from sleep or when the screen is turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows wont wake up from sleep or when the screen is turn off: i just installed a fresh win11 last week and the sleep works well until i decided to turn on the hibernate, after this when windows goes to sleep it won't turns on, i have to turn it off and on back, this is frustrating, so i went to turn off the hibernation and also put the...
  7. Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off

Wake From Sleep Will Turn On Machine/Fans but Peripherals Turn Off: When pressing keyboard or mouse to wake from sleep as Ihave thousands of times in the past my case fans and lights turn on, keyboardand mouse lights turn on momentarily but screen remains black and keyboardand mouse lights immediately turn off. None of the peripherals work...
  8. My computer will not wake from sleep.

My computer will not wake from sleep.: I have a Envy x360. It does not wake from sleep. I have tried resetting power options and nothing seems to work. I also do not have all available power options. If I put my computer to sleep, it basically locks up. In order to wake it, I have to hold the power button down for...
  9. My computer won't wake up from sleep or turn off properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer won't wake up from sleep or turn off properly?: This has only started happening recently. it won't wake up from sleep or whenever you shut it down it never really shuts down, I have to give it a hard reset every time now. Any ideas on what could be the problem? thought I'd post it here as my hardware is all in good...
  10. when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when waking my laptop from sleep, will not connect to wifi: when waking my laptop from sleep, will not reconnect to wifi, Lenova Yoga. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/when-waking-my-laptop-from-sleep-will-not-connect/080ca23c-4d1b-418e-bc03-93f05f99586e