Windows 10: wifi ultra slow on all new dell laptop recently (smartbyte rivet)

Discus and support wifi ultra slow on all new dell laptop recently (smartbyte rivet) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi i want to share a hard problem to find to everyone i buy a lot of dell laptop at job for employes eveytime but recently andon many laptop i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by theteck, Mar 5, 2018.

1. theteck Win User

wifi ultra slow on all new dell laptop recently (smartbyte rivet)

Hi

i want to share a hard problem to find to everyone

i buy a lot of dell laptop at job for employes eveytime but recently andon many laptop i find wifi running at less 1 or 2 mbs/s when is supposed to run at 100 mb/s ...

and after many format and reinstall and install dell driver ... the problem reoccur eatch time ... and today

i find a software install by dell ... smartbyte by rivet software cause this ...

i uninstall everything from rivet smartbyte and all laptop start to be full speed wifi ...

what a crap soft .... i juste send a complaint to rivet software ... i hope they fix this because many people wont understand what happen ... its very hard to find it ... for me with a lot of experience so i imagine people without skill ....

i hope i help people that is stuck with slow wifi with dell laptop ( maybe other compagny can have this probleme too ... )

:)

theteck, Mar 5, 2018

2. Can't connect to the Internet while I am connected to a router.

Hello,

It turned out that the problem was a program called SmartByte Drivers something. I spoke with Dell and they told me to uninstall it and deleted it from my laptop and so i did. After i did that the problem i had with the Wifi was solved and now after 3 weeks
    it's all good and back to normal. So i suggest to whoever has the same problem to do that.

Ektelestis97, Mar 5, 2018
  3. tbs2d Win User
    someone removed mobile hotspot from my pc (did not want it anyway, but they had it on and greyed out so I could not turn off!)

Hi - did the fresh reset. Do I need all of these? The only network connection should be to my ISP.

Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework
    Intel Corporation

Intel(R) HID Event Filter
    Intel Corporation

Intel(R) Management Engine Components
    Intel Corporation

Intel(R) Processor Graphics
    Intel Corporation

Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology
    Intel Corporation

Intel® Software Guard Extensions Platform Software
    Intel Corporation

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.24215
    Microsoft Corporation

Dell Digital Delivery
    Dell Products, LP

Dell Mobile Connect Drivers
    Screenovate Technologies Ltd.

Dell SupportAssist
    Dell

Dell SupportAssist Remediation
    Dell Inc.

Dell SupportAssistAgent
    Dell

Dell Update
    Dell Inc.

Dell Update - SupportAssist Update Plugin
    Dell Inc.

Qualcomm 11ac Wireless LAN&Bluetooth Installer
    Qualcomm

QuickSet64
    Dell Inc.

SmartByte Drivers and Services
    Rivet Networks

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:07 AM

tbs2d, Mar 5, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @theteck and thanks for the warning.

Apparently the whole purpose of SmartByte is to prioritise video over all other network activity. You'll have to ask the employees whether that was for Skype or YouTube *Smile

SmartByte - Rivet Networks

Bree, Mar 5, 2018
  5. theteck Win User
    so its not working like intended *Smile

theteck, Mar 5, 2018
  6. Word Man Win User
    Not too surprising if you consider the rise in video conferencing and webcasting in business environment I guess but, yeah, sounds like it goes a bit overboard from theteck's perspective of it impacting otherwise normal network traffic.

Is there no way to calibrate or adjust (other than uninstall) this junk to the priority you prefer?

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. wifi ultra slow on all new dell laptop recently (smartbyte rivet) - Similar Threads - wifi ultra slow

2. Slow Laptop + No New Installations + Recently Purchased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Laptop + No New Installations + Recently Purchased: I just bought my new laptop in November of 2022, and as of March 2023, it is extremely slow. Every time I open a new tab, I have to wait several moments for it to load, and I only have two other tabs open. My previous laptop was a Lenovo, which is why I bought another one...
  3. Slow Laptop + No New Installations + Recently Purchased

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Laptop + No New Installations + Recently Purchased: I just bought my new laptop in November of 2022, and as of March 2023, it is extremely slow. Every time I open a new tab, I have to wait several moments for it to load, and I only have two other tabs open. My previous laptop was a Lenovo, which is why I bought another one...
  4. Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to Smartbyte on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to Smartbyte on Dell laptop: I am using a Dell G5 5590 laptop. I've been encountering BSODs DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION recently with a frequency of once every month or two. Another observation is that I got the blue screen when I was downloading a torrent through qBittorrent. When I checked the cause of the...
  5. Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to Smartbyte on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to Smartbyte on Dell laptop: I am using a Dell G5 5590 laptop. I've been encountering BSODs DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION recently with a frequency of once every month or two. Another observation is that I got the blue screen when I was downloading a torrent through qBittorrent. When I checked the cause of the...
  6. Blue Screen of Death DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to Smartbyte on Dell laptop

7. New laptop slow WiFi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop slow WiFi.: Setting up new Laptop it's link speed is 117/144.Compared to an adjacent Desktop PC, on the same WiFi, is 600/144.Most of the data on the 'Properties' page is the same.I use the same WiFi extender for both machines.My last Laptop had the same speeds as the Desktop.Help...
  8. New laptop slow WiFi.

New laptop slow WiFi.: Setting up new Laptop it's link speed is 117/144.Compared to an adjacent Desktop PC, on the same WiFi, is 600/144.Most of the data on the 'Properties' page is the same.I use the same WiFi extender for both machines.My last Laptop had the same speeds as the Desktop.Help...
  9. New laptop slow WiFi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. slow wifi on new dell computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow wifi on new dell computer: I have a new Dell laptop. A Nighthawk Netgear router and new Motorola modem. My old Toshiba gets 75-80 mb DLs, but this new Dell gets only 25-30! I tried updating router firmware, resetting modem, restarting the computer, but still poor speed. What can I do to speed it up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smartbyte network service

2. what is smartbyte network service

3. how to turn off smartbyte network service

4. cant connect to wifi without smartbyte,
  5. turn off smartbyte network service,
  6. what is smartbyte app in windows 10,
  7. does smartbyte slow down wifi,
  8. smartbyte drivers and services causing slow internet,
  9. does smartbyte slowdown wifi on dell laptops,
  10. dell smartbyte rivet slow wifi