Windows 10: Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network"

Discus and support Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A couple weeks ago I sent my laptop in for repairs at an ASUS Repair center due to the Wifi Lan Card acting up and ceasing to work. They fixed that by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cora Strub, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network"

A couple weeks ago I sent my laptop in for repairs at an ASUS Repair center due to the Wifi Lan Card acting up and ceasing to work. They fixed that by just factory resetting the computer and sending it back, so as far as I'm aware, no other changes were made. However, After recieving the laptop back, it IS able to connect to the wifi now just fine. But it will NOT connect to any Microsoft network of any type, not to sign in, not for the Xbox Gamebar or for the Microsoft shop, or even just to naturally sign into the Windows account that I'd like to.I tried to figure out how to fix the issue but

:)

Cora Strub, Aug 3, 2022

2. Unable to see a specific WiFi Network in list

I have Windows 8.1. I can see the WiFi networks of everyone in the vicinity. However, am unable to see the WiFi network installed in my home.

The WiFi Network that am unable to see is a new connection. This new connection is seen by all devices (Mobiles etc) but it is.not getting displayed in my Windows 8.1 list.

I have seen other threads on the issue which recommend checking WLAN Autoconfig etc. And have tried those steps too. But there is no change in the outcome.

Can anyone please suggest any solution that migjt work. I am not willing to format my Laptop.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in adv and Regards

Rahul P Sharma

RahulPSharma, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    unable to connect to wifi network

Hi Alexander,

Reading through your post, we see that you have run a lot of troubleshooting steps to resolve your WiFi network connection issue. There ares some other steps though that you may still do to resolve it.

Please check Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

To site some:

• On the first item about Things to try first, you will see basic troubleshooting steps. Included in this topic is a suggestion to contact your Internet Service Provider which will be able to guide you in checking connection with your router.
    • Running the Network troubleshooter. This topic also includes applying network commands that may be able to help you. Please try the other network commands and check if it works.
    • Uninstalling the network adapter driver and restart. You may try if you had a
      recent update.
    • If you are running running Windows 10 Version 1607 or later you may also try
      Using network reset.

If you have tried all of the above and the connection still fails, you may try some other steps listed below:

• Change channel width for your network adapter.
      • Press Windows Key + S and enter type network. Chose
        Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.
      • When Network and Sharing Center opens, click the Change adapter settings.
      • Locate your wireless adapter and right click it. Choose Properties from the menu.
      • When Properties window opens, navigate to Advanced tab.
      • Select the 802.11 channel width and change the value. Some users have reported that changing the value to
        20 MHz has fixed the issue for them, but you might have to use a different value.
      • Click OK to save the changes.

• Disable IPv6 on your computer and router.
      • Open Network and Sharing Center.
      • Find the Connections section and click your current connection.
      • Connection status window will open. Click the Properties button.
      • Find Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP /IPv6) and uncheck it.
      • Click OK button to save the changes.
      • Restart your computer in order to apply the changes.
      • If the problem still persists, you might have to disable IPv6 on your router. Disabling IPv6 on your router is a complicated process, and it’s different for every type of router, so before you do that, check the your router’s instruction manual.

• Make sure that your adapter and router are using the same security type.
      • Open Network and Sharing Center and click the Manage wireless networks.
      • Find your wireless network, right click it and choose Properties.
      • Go to Security tab, find Security type section and select the
        same security type that your router is using. You might have to try several different security types before you pick the right one.
      • lick OK to save changes.

• Add the connection manually.
      • Open Network and Sharing Center.
      • Click Set up a new connection or network.
      • Choose Manually connect to a wireless network and click
        Next
      • Enter the requested information such as network name, security key and security type.
      • Click Next to finish the process.
      • After you’ve created a new network connection, everything should be working without any problems.
      • If the issue persists, try changing the security type of your new network.

Kindly keep us updated with the status of the issue

Rey Cam, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network"

Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network"

1. Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network" - Similar Threads - Wifi unable connect

2. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Unable to connect to network: I am having a problem connecting to the WiFi.It either shows no wifi network or show my one.When I try to connect to my network, it refuses. It keeps saying Unable to connect to network. I wrote the password correctly. Sometimes there would not be any networks. It happened...
  3. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Unable to connect to network: I am having a problem connecting to the WiFi.It either shows no wifi network or show my one.When I try to connect to my network, it refuses. It keeps saying Unable to connect to network. I wrote the password correctly. Sometimes there would not be any networks. It happened...
  4. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network"

Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network": A couple weeks ago I sent my laptop in for repairs at an ASUS Repair center due to the Wifi Lan Card acting up and ceasing to work. They fixed that by just factory resetting the computer and sending it back, so as far as I'm aware, no other changes were made. However, After...
  6. Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi unable to connect to "Microsoft Network": A couple weeks ago I sent my laptop in for repairs at an ASUS Repair center due to the Wifi Lan Card acting up and ceasing to work. They fixed that by just factory resetting the computer and sending it back, so as far as I'm aware, no other changes were made. However, After...
  7. WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network

WiFi problem - Unable to connect to this network: I have a HP Elitebook 840 G6 which I didn't use for about 6 months. When I recently powered it back on, it recognized all WIFI connections as 'secured', but refused to connect to any of them. After going through the process to connect incl entering password etc, it says...
  8. Unable to connect to specific WiFi network

Unable to connect to specific WiFi network: Hi all,This post has heavily borrowed from two previous threads from 2019 and 2020 outlining this specific issue:Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network - Microsoft CommunityComplicated WIFI connection Issue - Microsoft CommunityI've followed all of the solutions in the...
  9. Wifi issue- unable to connect to this network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi issue- unable to connect to this network: I have a Surface Pro (Surface_Pro_1796), and since the last Windows 10 update I can't connect to a specific wifi network (the network itself works fine for all other devices) . I have tried to roll back to the last wireless adapter driver but that doesn't seem to fix the...
  10. WiFi network is unable to connect

WiFi network is unable to connect: Havent been able to connect to my home wifi for about a week and a half. Computer will work with ethernet and phone hotspot. Ive tried all the basics and still nothing. Removing and adding wifi, soft reset, checked all firewalls and temporarily disabled everything. Open to...