Windows 10: Wifi - "Uncheck use my Windows user Account"

Discus and support Wifi - "Uncheck use my Windows user Account" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; To sign into my University campus wifi, part of the instructions are to "uncheck use my Windows user account." This was all fine and dandy until I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pinklionesss, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Wifi - "Uncheck use my Windows user Account"

To sign into my University campus wifi, part of the instructions are to "uncheck use my Windows user account." This was all fine and dandy until I was reconnecting after Thanksgiving break and noticed that this box is now nonexistent. It used to be an option as I connected to the wifi, now it's gone. Did they hide it somewhere in an update?

submitted by /u/pinklionesss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pinklionesss, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Wifi - "Uncheck use my Windows user Account" :(

Zakin, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Wifi - "Uncheck use my Windows user Account"

Can't uncheck WIFI "Connect Automatically"

Hi,

Have you tried removing the network from the list? Your network credentials may still be saved on your Wifi settings.

We suggest you to remove the preferred network and reconnect it. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows icon.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Wifi.
    • Click on link Manage Wifi Settings.
    • There is prompt, click on Manage known networks
    • Select the network you want to forget.
    Once you remove the network it will no longer appear on the list. You may need to reconnect it, if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Wifi - "Uncheck use my Windows user Account"

1. Wifi - "Uncheck use my Windows user Account" - Similar Threads - Wifi Uncheck user

2. Windows 11 - Use my Windows user account to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Use my Windows user account to connect to WiFi: Hello, I am currently trying to setup some computers to automatically connect to WiFi with a user's credentials. However, this option to do this is greyed out. How do enable this?Thanks,Jay...
  3. Windows 11 - Use my Windows user account to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Use my Windows user account to connect to WiFi: Hello, I am currently trying to setup some computers to automatically connect to WiFi with a user's credentials. However, this option to do this is greyed out. How do enable this?Thanks,Jay...
  4. Accidentally applied unchecked 'read only' on user folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally applied unchecked 'read only' on user folder: Hi All, I wasn't keen on the truncated name given to my user folder by windows so was looking into renaming it which resulted in me accidentally applying an unchecked 'read only' to the folder. Windows then started altering a load of file permissions which I realised was...
  5. switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switch Microsoft account used on a windows user account,: hi I was wondering if it's possible to switch what Microsoft account i use on my windows desktop account as i don't want to go through the pain of losing all my files and having to reinstall all my steam games. also will my windows key activated on this pc but also...
  6. Another users is using this account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another users is using this account: Ok so I have a local account thier a couple of users on my pc that I only use. My gaming account and my main account but I had an issue with the users folders because it wasn't the name of my microsoft email address that I use for normal non gaming things. So I go to...
  7. Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign in to my user id using my Microsoft Account: When I signed in today, it comes up with a new format, as if I'm a new Windows 10 customer. All my settings and file access is not available. All of my data is there under the User folder with my name, so, I know I haven't lost anything. The sign-on screen shows my first and...
  8. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I tried to use my Microsoft Account on my laptop but received a message that error msg. What is going on? I am the only user of this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-user-uses-this-microsoft-account/f9b2db60-751b-4661-8e5e-61e9d9c0a9dd
  9. Another user uses this Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another user uses this Microsoft Account: I was simply trying to switch to using a Microsoft Account on my Surface 3 and got the "another user uses this Microsoft account" error message. The thing that puzzles me is I do not have any other users on that device, period. What gives?...
  10. Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.

Netplwiz, windows 10, no check box to uncheck password and user name.: Hi, I'm using window 10, trying to use netplwiz to bypass login but when I chose my user name there is not check box to uncheck use password and user name. Anyone know why? SJM...