Windows 10: WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

Discus and support WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in the networks list, in particular, one named "virus.exe". Need a simple direct way to completely delete. These are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bean23, Aug 16, 2019.

1. bean23 Win User

WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in the networks list, in particular, one named "virus.exe". Need a simple direct way to completely delete. These are not known networks so the FORGET option does not work. I can't even get the vast majority of the unknown networks to list when I pull up a list to MANAGE KNOW NETWORK CONNECTIONS. The other options I've seen involve making changes to the registry. I'm not about to fool around with the registry. I need a simple and direct way to completely delete these networks from the networks list AND a way of preventing them from returning once they are removed. Surely MS has built-in tools that even a novice can use to regulate and protect their computer from unauthorized access via WiFi.

Please help!

Bean23

:)

bean23, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Mystere Win User

Mystery Phone Listing on Network

That's actually been happening in Windows for a long time, even back to windows 8 I was seeing it randomly appear (it can be different devices). It seems to be some kind of false positive detection.

Some suggest that this is neighbors connecting to your wifi network. The idea is that the MAC address may be propogated, even though these neighbors are not actually authorized for your network (ie, your router is advertising these mac addresses, but they can't actually use your network, but for some reason they still show up in the list of connected devices).

When you check your WIFI router, the devices won't be listed there, since they haven't been given IP's.. but something in the network architecture still allows MAC advertisement.

Mystere, Aug 16, 2019
  3. edit wifi network list

remove networks from wifi list

davefishsound, Aug 16, 2019
  4. WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

windows 10 wifi networks list appears beyond the upper limit of the screen.

in windows 10, every time i click the wifi icon in the taskbar, the wifi networks list appear but every time there's networks names that is listed but not appear as it present beyond the upper limit of the screen and i must decrease the font size of the
    list by zooming out by 2 fingers to make the hidden networks names come down and see it. but sometimes also, when there's so many networks ,it become impossible to make these networks names come down. what's the solution?

Original title: ---windows 10 wifi networks list---

Hisham M. Zaki, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

1. WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need... - Similar Threads - WiFi Unwanted networks

2. Wifi networks not being listed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi networks not being listed: I'm facing a bug where the available wifi networks aren't listing. The only way I can connect to a known wifi network is by going to my list of known networks, enabling "automatically connect when in range", and toggling my wifi on and off. Unfortunately I might be switching...
  3. Wifi networks not being listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi networks not being listed: I'm facing a bug where the available wifi networks aren't listing. The only way I can connect to a known wifi network is by going to my list of known networks, enabling "automatically connect when in range", and toggling my wifi on and off. Unfortunately I might be switching...
  4. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  5. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  6. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. wifi network not appearing in list of available networks

wifi network not appearing in list of available networks: When I click the little internet icon on the task bar to see the available networks, my network does not appear. I know the network works fine because it works on my phone note: I connected my phone to the network after I tried connecting my computer. Other networks do show...
  8. Odd Wifi network list

Odd Wifi network list: Hello, any help appreciated! I have several wifi networks that show up when I click the wifi icon in the lower right of my screen, but do not show up when I go to the manage networks under settings. I want to forget these, as my laptop keeps trying to connect even though I...
  9. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...
  10. Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi...

Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi...: This is a catastrophic problem! Approximately every 5-minutes or so, my secured wifi connection is being interrupted and the unsecured "xfinitywifi" mobile hot spot connection attempts to connect to my computer. I have disabled mobile hot spot connections so, it never...