Windows 10: WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

Discus and support WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in the networks list, in particular, one named "virus.exe". Need a simple direct way to completely delete. These are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bean23, Aug 16, 2019.

1. bean23 Win User

WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in the networks list, in particular, one named "virus.exe". Need a simple direct way to completely delete. These are not known networks so the FORGET option does not work. I can't even get the vast majority of the unknown networks to list when I pull up a list to MANAGE KNOW NETWORK CONNECTIONS. The other options I've seen involve making changes to the registry. I'm not about to fool around with the registry. I need a simple and direct way to completely delete these networks from the networks list AND a way of preventing them from returning once they are removed. Surely MS has built-in tools that even a novice can use to regulate and protect their computer from unauthorized access via WiFi.

Please help!

Bean23

:)

bean23, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Mystere Win User

Mystery Phone Listing on Network

That's actually been happening in Windows for a long time, even back to windows 8 I was seeing it randomly appear (it can be different devices). It seems to be some kind of false positive detection.

Some suggest that this is neighbors connecting to your wifi network. The idea is that the MAC address may be propogated, even though these neighbors are not actually authorized for your network (ie, your router is advertising these mac addresses, but they can't actually use your network, but for some reason they still show up in the list of connected devices).

When you check your WIFI router, the devices won't be listed there, since they haven't been given IP's.. but something in the network architecture still allows MAC advertisement.

Mystere, Aug 16, 2019
  3. edit wifi network list

remove networks from wifi list

davefishsound, Aug 16, 2019
  4. WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

windows 10 wifi networks list appears beyond the upper limit of the screen.

in windows 10, every time i click the wifi icon in the taskbar, the wifi networks list appear but every time there's networks names that is listed but not appear as it present beyond the upper limit of the screen and i must decrease the font size of the
    list by zooming out by 2 fingers to make the hidden networks names come down and see it. but sometimes also, when there's so many networks ,it become impossible to make these networks names come down. what's the solution?

Original title: ---windows 10 wifi networks list---

Hisham M. Zaki, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need...

1. WiFi - Unwanted networks listed in networks list, in particular one named "virus.exe". Need... - Similar Threads - WiFi Unwanted networks

2. Can't see the list of wifi networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see the list of wifi networks: I can't see the wifi icon on taskbar or the little up arrow, when i go to the wifi list there is no wifi to connect to, network status appears to be a weird line, i'm also on windows 10 and on pc...
  3. Missing Network lists.

Missing Network lists.: About 1 - 2 weeks ago my 2x PC's and 2x Laptops (all on windows 10) suddenly lost the ability to display available network lists. I have looked through numerous threads on the subject, and tried most of the suggested work arounds without success. I have made no software or...
  4. how to remove name of old wifi from my network list

how to remove name of old wifi from my network list: Hi I replaced my router with a new router - however the name of the old router is still showing when i click the bottom right Internet Access Icon in Windows (it also appears on my Android mobile?! ... I have tried: Settings> Networks & Internet> WiFi> Manage Known Networks...
  5. Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks

Wifi network not showing up in list of available networks: One of my family members recently gave me a factory-reset Toshiba laptop. When I try to connect it to my house's wifi network, the network does not show up in the list of available networks. Any idea what's causing this, or how to fix it?...
  6. All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list

All of sudden my wifi network is not showing in the available wifi networks list: Hi Team, For understanding purpose I am naming my wifi connection as A and other connections are B,C,D,E,F,..etc Laptop and mobile are in same room Laptop connected to wifi A Mobile connected to wifi A all of sudden Laptop disconnected to wifi and couldn't able for...
  7. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...
  8. Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi...

Remove unwanted wifi networks (specifically "xfinitywifi") from the list of wifi...: This is a catastrophic problem! Approximately every 5-minutes or so, my secured wifi connection is being interrupted and the unsecured "xfinitywifi" mobile hot spot connection attempts to connect to my computer. I have disabled mobile hot spot connections so, it never...
  9. Computer not listed on 'network'

Computer not listed on 'network': Hi Everyone I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.*Redface I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.) The...
  10. my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks

my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks: I have already made the wlan report I tried to attach it but it did not work....I hope it is ok to paste it here. I hope someone can help me. I have troubleshooted my butt off and it is happening on both of my laptops so I do not understand how to fix it. Thanks!...