Windows 10: wifi username

Discus and support wifi username in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my wife's Dell laptop/tablet Windows 10 was able to logon to home wifi without a username but now it is asking for a username but we don't have one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evelynjanzen, Dec 1, 2018.

1. wifi username

my wife's Dell laptop/tablet Windows 10 was able to logon to home wifi without a username but now it is asking for a username but we don't have one. how can we switch back to logging into home wifi with just the password?

:)

Evelynjanzen, Dec 1, 2018
  2. bro67 Win User

Wifi username and password issue

There is no username required for connecting to Wifi, unless you are on a public wifi that uses Captive Portal.

A private WiFi only needs SSID that is broadcast, and Passphrase entered for the computer to connect.

bro67, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Dec 1, 2018
  4. wifi username

Wifi asking for username and password

I have hunted for months to find an answer to this. I normally just turn the wifi router on and off hundreds of times but I can't be bothered anymore.

Sometimes when I'm trying to connect to the wifi it asks for username and password. I don't know what it could mean though, I have tried username and password for the router (obviously), I have tried it with my username and password on the computer but nothing
    works. If anyone could help it would really be appreciated

i_might_be_able_to_help, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

wifi username

1. wifi username - Similar Threads - wifi username

2. Esplora risorse rallenta la connessione wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Esplora risorse rallenta la connessione wifi: Salve a tutti, è da un po' di tempo che riscontro un problema: Quando apro una cartella oppure start o qualsiasi altra cosa che usi esplora risorse, c'è un calo di prestazioni wifi, se vado su gestione attività, e poi su wifi, noto che se apro per esempio Questo pc, o...
  3. Esplora risorse rallenta la connessione wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Esplora risorse rallenta la connessione wifi: Salve a tutti, è da un po' di tempo che riscontro un problema: Quando apro una cartella oppure start o qualsiasi altra cosa che usi esplora risorse, c'è un calo di prestazioni wifi, se vado su gestione attività, e poi su wifi, noto che se apro per esempio Questo pc, o...
  4. Esplora risorse rallenta la connessione wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi connectivity - Username and Password is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connectivity - Username and Password is greyed out.: I am unable to connect to my company wireless , where "Enter your user name and password" is GREYED out. Usually my Wifi connects thru a Certificate, but new laptops X1 Yoga we received recently asking for username and password. This is not same case for other laptops like...
  6. WiFi connectivity - Username and Password is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connectivity - Username and Password is greyed out.: I am unable to connect to my company wireless , where "Enter your user name and password" is GREYED out. Usually my Wifi connects thru a Certificate, but new laptops X1 Yoga we received recently asking for username and password. This is not same case for other laptops like...
  7. Pre login Wifi username format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pre login Wifi username format: Have previously used pre logon wifi with "single sign on for this network" and"Perform immediately before user logon". However the new wireless network I am trying to connect to requires the username to be presented in a different format. i.e. not<username> but...
  8. where does wifi saves passwords for username password based internet wifi

where does wifi saves passwords for username password based internet wifi: Hi, I am using Windows 10. There is some small problem I use to access internet in my network via Wifi. I get 2 screens. First a network wifi icon at bottom right hand corner. Which I click and I get some thing like this [ATTACH] Here I get a prompt on selecting the...
  9. NETSH: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password

NETSH: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password using netsh [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netsh-how-to-connect-to-wifissid-with-username-and/eade9749-2650-469d-b0b1-55fe89a71bb6
  10. Wifi username and password issue

Wifi username and password issue: Hi, I have just bought an HP laptop running windows 10. I cannot connect to internet wirelessly as when I select my network connection it requests username and password. (Screen shot attached) I only have a network password for my connection and have never had or been...