Windows 10: Wifi very slow and keeps dropping with Qualcomm Atheros AR9283

Discus and support Wifi very slow and keeps dropping with Qualcomm Atheros AR9283 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having wifi connectivity issues since updating to Windows 10. I am on a private network. I have a 7 year old Sony Vaio with the following specs:-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maeve7195, Jun 6, 2018.

1. maeve7195 Win User

Wifi very slow and keeps dropping with Qualcomm Atheros AR9283

I am having wifi connectivity issues since updating to Windows 10. I am on a private network. I have a 7 year old Sony Vaio with the following specs:-
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    System Type x64-based PC.

I have an Iphone 5 which works fine on the same network and there is a desktop which has no problems on the network also. I had a telecommunications guy out who identified my laptop as the device that was causing the wifi issues.

I have a Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 wireless network adapter which I am advised is updated to the latest version.

It was in with a computer technician last week who said he fixed the problem and the it was working fine in his shop but when I got it back the ping, upload and download speeds went down again and connectivity kept dropping - I am unable to use wireless printing and have to print with a usb. Should I just get the network card replaced? If anyone has any suggestions here, would be grateful - am willing to try anything at this stage as I cannot afford a new device currently.

:)

maeve7195, Jun 6, 2018

2. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Qualcomm Issues

I have a Asus X551C with the dreaded Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG WiFI card. It drops the internet every 5 minutes or so since I was automatically updated to Windows 10. How do I fix it? I am pretty dumb when it comes to networking issues so the easiest
    step by step fix would be much appreciated. Thanks for any help.

jmarks1660, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Wifi very slow and keeps dropping with Qualcomm Atheros AR9283

1. Wifi very slow and keeps dropping with Qualcomm Atheros AR9283 - Similar Threads - Wifi very slow

2. Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 keep disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 keep disconnecting: Hello, i need some help, i was using my Laptop to watch YouTube and then suddenly the internet went silent, i wa trying to solve it but apparently none of them work1. Troubleshoot the WiFi: i choose this and the laptop couldn't find the issue so they told me to reset the...
  3. qualcomm atheros ar956x wifi adapter problems

qualcomm atheros ar956x wifi adapter problems: Hello! I Have an Asus VivoBook Max X541NA laptop and I've been having problems with the network adapter for a long time now. At first, it was only losing connection once in a while but then soon after it started failing a minute after getting it working again. I swear I...
  4. Qualcomm Atheros Disapperance; can't connect with wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Atheros Disapperance; can't connect with wifi: My Qualcomm Atheros driver disappeared once again from my ASUS X507U. Last time it happened was last night and it happened tonight around 7pm. I tried reinstalling the Qualcomm driver that was recommended to me in my previous post but now, it doesn't work....
  5. Qualcomm Atheros wifi adapter not working

Qualcomm Atheros wifi adapter not working: So for a couple of weeks now the wifi adapter on my computer has been unavailable ( it keeps saying code 10) so I tried to update it to the 2017 version 10.0.3.456 but it still says code 10 and that device pci\ven_168c&dev_0032&subsys_11861a3b&rev_01\4&ae05e7f&0&00e3 had a...
  6. qualcomm atheros ethernet slow not working properly

qualcomm atheros ethernet slow not working properly: running windows 10 everything is up to date. i have a 10/100/1000 gigabit ethernet card qualcomm atheros ar8161 since the last few microsoft windows 10 updates i have been having an issue with my internet speed. before i would get 250 mbps download speed now it varies an...
  7. qualcomm atheros ethernet slow not working properly.

qualcomm atheros ethernet slow not working properly.: running windows 10 everything is up to date. i have a 10/100/1000 gigabit ethernet card qualcomm atheros ar8161 since the last few microsoft windows 10 updates i have been having an issue with my internet speed. before i would get 250 mbps download speed now it varies an...
  8. Lenovo Yoga 920 / Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a -- slow wifi

Lenovo Yoga 920 / Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a -- slow wifi: Hi all. I just picked up a Yoga 920 (model 13IKB) which has a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a wifi card. I'm having speed issues. On the same network as three other wireless devices, it gets a fraction of the available connection -- and what I get degrades over time. I'm...
  9. Qualcomm Atheros Drivers?

Qualcomm Atheros Drivers?: Hi, Is there a new network adapter for windows 10 that is Qualcomm Atheros? I have the version AR9485 and I think the version was 10.0.0.132. The reason I am saying this is because my Wifi does not work (only on my Asus computer.) I am sending this from my phone. When I...
  10. Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros

Disabled wifi qualcomm atheros: After clean installing windows 10 pro the latest version till today, my qualcomm atheros qca 9565 bt and wifi combo is disabled. I cant do anything to turn wifi on. What should i do? :'( my device is ok. Works with 8.1 and 7. But only here in windows 10 its disabled. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why my Qualcomm Atheros wifi slow

2. qualcomm 9565 slow wireless