Windows 10: WiFi very slow to connect after reboot, possibly related to Hyper-V being turned...

Discus and support WiFi very slow to connect after reboot, possibly related to Hyper-V being turned... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I enabled Hyper-V a while back, and installed Windows in the VM. I could never get the networking right, and either had internet in the main windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisBaber, Aug 11, 2020.

1. WiFi very slow to connect after reboot, possibly related to Hyper-V being turned...

I enabled Hyper-V a while back, and installed Windows in the VM. I could never get the networking right, and either had internet in the main windows, or in the VM, but never got both working well. I tried creating various virtual adapters, and tried bridging various connections, but eventually decided Hyper-V wasn't worth the effort, so I turned off Hyper-V in the 'add windows components' which I thought would have removed Hyper-V altogether.

Now, upon rebooting my machine, the WiFi takes several minutes to see the WiFi networks and connect. When I look in device manager, it shows a Hyper-V adapter. I can uninstall it, but rebooting causes it to reappear. I've since disabled every Hyper-V service in Services, so the adapter isn't getting reinstalled now, but the WiFi still takes too long to enable and connect.

What are my next steps to actually completely remove Hyper-V and hopefully fix this delay upon startup?

:)

ChrisBaber, Aug 11, 2020

2. Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 11, 2020
  4. WiFi very slow to connect after reboot, possibly related to Hyper-V being turned...

Turn off Hyper-V

I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn off Hyper-V.

Going through Programs and Features>Turn Windows Features On/Off>Uncheck Hyper-V>Reboot

After reboot it says its updating features, then that it has failed to do so and reboots again.

johnson_patrickw, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

WiFi very slow to connect after reboot, possibly related to Hyper-V being turned...

1. WiFi very slow to connect after reboot, possibly related to Hyper-V being turned... - Similar Threads - WiFi very slow

2. Connecting host wifi to hyper v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting host wifi to hyper v: HiI want to know how to connect my host wifi adapter from windows 11 to hyper v Ubuntu.Currently in hyper v internet connection is working via ethernet via bridge connection....
  3. Connecting host wifi to hyper v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting host wifi to hyper v: HiI want to know how to connect my host wifi adapter from windows 11 to hyper v Ubuntu.Currently in hyper v internet connection is working via ethernet via bridge connection....
  4. HYPER V NOT TURNING ON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPER V NOT TURNING ON: WHENEVER I TURN ON HYPER V FROM "TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF" IT SAYS TO RESTART PC I TURNED HYPER V ON AND THEN RESTARTED MY PC BUT IT SAYS SOMETHING DOESN'T GO AS PLANNED NO NEED TO WORYY UNDOING CHANGESAND HYPER V ISN`T TURNED ONSADLY HELP ME WINDOWS 11 PRO 22H2...
  5. HYPER V NOT TURNING ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HYPER V NOT TURNING ON: WHENEVER I TURN ON HYPER V FROM "TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF" IT SAYS TO RESTART PC I TURNED HYPER V ON AND THEN RESTARTED MY PC BUT IT SAYS SOMETHING DOESN'T GO AS PLANNED NO NEED TO WORYY UNDOING CHANGESAND HYPER V ISN`T TURNED ONSADLY HELP ME WINDOWS 11 PRO 22H2...
  6. Rebuild Indexing is Very Slow AFter Initially Being Relatively Fast.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rebuild Indexing is Very Slow AFter Initially Being Relatively Fast.: Rebuilding Indexing is very slow, I noticed after the last Windows update---2004. The last time, it Indexed around 300,000 relatively fast, I believe it took around one day but then the following day, it only Indexed a little over 1,000! I use the computer at times and at...
  7. Problem Related To Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem Related To Hyper-V: Microsoft Hyper-v is Disabled on my systems but I always get error "Microsoft Hyper-V is enabled on your System. Please Disable it" Why? I use Windows 10 home single language Version. windows 10 home doesn't support Hyper-V but always I face this problem. I have done the...
  8. Very slow file transfer from hyper-v to host drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Very slow file transfer from hyper-v to host drive: I have my hard drives connected using enhanced mode options to a hyper-v vm (10 pro). I have always had issues with slow file transfer, and was pointed down route of setting up folders as network shares, and I got much faster file transfer times. However, I am trying to...
  9. Hyper-V Connection Lost

Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  10. Why is there no reboot option in Hyper-V?

Why is there no reboot option in Hyper-V?: All I see when I right click my servers is "reset" and there is no reboot option. Reset isn't the same, right? So how can I reboot as opposed to resetting? 72397