Windows 10: Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

Discus and support Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi i have a hp probook 4530s. I recently installed a new norton security package upon restart the wifi icon amd every thing to do with wifi has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andyt, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Andyt Win User

Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

Hi i have a hp probook 4530s. I recently installed a new norton security package upon restart the wifi icon amd every thing to do with wifi has dissapeared. There is a wifi on off button on the keypad area and when i press it, all that seems to happen is the Bluetooth turns on/off i have looked in the network adapters amd nothing is there. Its like wifi option has just got up and left my laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when i went to the hp support site they dont provide drivers for windows 10 as i was going to try install the drivers for wifi again. Im stumped can anyone help?

:)

Andyt, Feb 24, 2016
  2. Novedoi Win User

WIFI adapter

Good day!

I just wanted to ask, if the WiFi adapter is missing how do you recover or enable it without turning off or restarting the pc?

We still have our WiFi connection turned on but my laptop won't automatically connect. The WiFi icon has been replaced with Ethernet which has a red "x" sign. This happens when I shutdown my laptop or put to sleep mode.

The only way for me to see the WiFi icon again is to restart my laptop so many times.

I have been experiencing this for like a week now.

I have Windows 10

Thank you in advance

Novedoi, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Wifi

My wifi icon on my laptop diappeared. The other devices in my home is connecting fine. I have checked the wifi button on my laptop. It is on. How do I get to wifi settings? It is gone...

Michelle Odendaal, Feb 24, 2016
  4. Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

I remember seeing a post on the HP Forums about this, but just now, I can't find it. From what I remember, this was a known problem with the new Norton security package. You should check the Norton security forums to see about this as they probably have a fix for it.

Mark Phelps, Feb 24, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    That is like asking Microsoft for a fix.

This forum exists to help other users.

bro67, Feb 24, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Andyt, if the icon cannot be turned on in Settings, then remove Norton.

You will find that third party Internet Security packages do not play well with Windows 10.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

1. Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop - Similar Threads - Wifi Wifi icon

2. Wifi icon in my laptop is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi icon in my laptop is not showing: In my laptop after i restarted the wifi icon is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-in-my-laptop-is-not-showing/57e15b9a-b675-4699-a7f9-fbaaef957889
  3. Wifi icon in my laptop is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi icon in my laptop is not showing: In my laptop after i restarted the wifi icon is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-in-my-laptop-is-not-showing/57e15b9a-b675-4699-a7f9-fbaaef957889
  4. No wifi icon

No wifi icon: I am not able to connect wifi in my laptop tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-icon/03814888-7068-4125-972e-d360b1956950
  5. My wifi icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi icon has disappeared: Today when I opened my laptop I noticed my wifi icon was missing. There are no networks or Wi-Fi to connect to. When I go to my settings, there are bluetooth settings, but if I try to connect to any device it just says "bluetooth is not enabled", however the button to turn...
  6. My wifi icon has disappeared

My wifi icon has disappeared: Today when I opened my laptop I noticed my wifi icon was missing. There are no networks or Wi-Fi to connect to. When I go to my settings, there are bluetooth settings, but if I try to connect to any device it just says "bluetooth is not enabled", however the button to turn...
  7. My wifi icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Laptop wifi icon meaning

Laptop wifi icon meaning: What does this mean? My wifi internet says its connected but can't access the internet. I have tried every troubleshooting I can find and nothing has fixed the issue. Normally when the wifi is working right this will be colored...
  9. Wifi Icon

Wifi Icon: Why is the ethernet icon showing in the taskbar instead of the wifi symbol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon/3a965a7f-3b20-4dfd-aa87-f1caba748ade
  10. Laptop forgot it has wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop forgot it has wifi: My laptop has been dropping connection to wifi for a few days now. I’m running Windows 10 with an Intel Dual Band Wireless 8265. Sometimes it disconnects and when I look at the Network panel, it doesn’t seem to be trying to look for open connections. Also, the wifi toggle...