Windows 10: Wifi will not connect

Discus and support Wifi will not connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 7 desktop and other devices connect to the internet just fine from the same location. My Windows 10 laptop will not connect to the wifi but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Coltonwendler, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Wifi will not connect

My Windows 7 desktop and other devices connect to the internet just fine from the same location. My Windows 10 laptop will not connect to the wifi but will connect to my mobile hotspot. It will connect for a second and as soon as the internet page tries to refresh it will go out again. I have already run troubleshooter and it doesnt help. It has done this on and off for a couple weeks. First time this happened- restarting it fixed it. Then the time after I had to network reset which didnt help but it worked the next day.

:)

Coltonwendler, Feb 19, 2021
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Feb 19, 2021
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Wifi will not connect

wifi connection problem

Hi,

To better assist you with the WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are your other devices able to connect to the same WiFi connection and working fine?
    • Have you tried to restart your WiFi router?
    • Which OS build version is currently running to your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?

Regards.

Gerald Mal, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Wifi will not connect

1. Wifi will not connect - Similar Threads - Wifi connect

2. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...
  3. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...
  4. Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5, and it's been with me since August 2022.Recently, in the past week or two, I've encountered an issue with the WiFi. Regardless of which network I'm connected to—be it at home, work, or university—it shows "connected, secure." However, when I attempt...
  5. Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.

Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5, and it's been with me since August 2022.Recently, in the past week or two, I've encountered an issue with the WiFi. Regardless of which network I'm connected to—be it at home, work, or university—it shows "connected, secure." However, when I attempt...
  6. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  7. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  8. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

9. how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...

how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...: Yesterday I was given the bit lock recovery prompt where I later got my 40 digit password and entered it into my computer. When I was logged back in my pin was deleted and I needed to create a new one. The problem is that it I cannot connect to the internet without being...
  10. how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...

how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...: Yesterday I was given the bit lock recovery prompt where I later got my 40 digit password and entered it into my computer. When I was logged back in my pin was deleted and I needed to create a new one. The problem is that it I cannot connect to the internet without being...