Windows 10: Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy

Discus and support Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wifi wont stay connected to the internet without the ethernet. I have updated the wifi card online and it did need it. I have an Acer its about 3 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DebraBaginski-1125, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy

My wifi wont stay connected to the internet without the ethernet. I have updated the wifi card online and it did need it. I have an Acer its about 3 or 4 yrs old. I thought maybe it might be the f3 key which turns the wifi on and off but that didnt help either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.. Debra

:)

DebraBaginski-1125, Jul 1, 2019
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy

1. Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy - Similar Threads - Wifi stay connected

2. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot: I'll give the basic problem up top and any info I think might possibly be useful later. Also, sorry for not knowing the proper terms etc. I'll try to explain as best I can.The wifi connection for my pc continuously drops, to the point that no web pages load. However, when I...
  3. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot: I'll give the basic problem up top and any info I think might possibly be useful later. Also, sorry for not knowing the proper terms etc. I'll try to explain as best I can.The wifi connection for my pc continuously drops, to the point that no web pages load. However, when I...
  4. Pc not connecting to my wifi/internet without hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. wifi will not stay connected

wifi will not stay connected: i am beyond over this i did have an ethernet connection but have moved and that is not an optionstart off connected it may last 2 min may last 10 then drops and reconnects sometimes this is any wifi network including mobile hotspots.. i have updated drivers, restore factory...
  6. PC will not stay connected to internet

PC will not stay connected to internet: I have an HP 15-dy1074nr with Windows 10 that will not stay connected to the internet. It is constantly disconnecting. This just started happening today. This is not a problem with my internet, as all other connected devices in my house have no problems....
  7. Computer will not stay connected to the internet

Computer will not stay connected to the internet: After connecting to the NBN I cannot get my computer to stay connected to the internet. It drops out after about 15 or so minutes. When I run the trouble shooter it quickly reconnects but I would like a stable connection. I have tried the online help but after 2 different...
  8. how to have internet connection without wifi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to have internet connection without wifi?: Just built a new PC and had it running and connecting to the internet without wifi. However, I had problems with my Windows 10 activation and a microsoft rep had to re-install the O/S for me. The rep actually had access to my computer remotely so I know my internet was...
  9. Can't stay connected to the internet

Can't stay connected to the internet: Hello, I got a new PC about a month ago, and it's been smooth sailing until three days ago. Suddenly after I turned on my computer, it began telling me I was connected to my network, but there was no internet. Sometimes it stays connected to the internet for 20 minutes, and...
  10. WiFi Will not Stay Connected

WiFi Will not Stay Connected: I have a Asus Q200E and i have windows 10 on the computer. When using my Mac, it never has problems staying connected to the wifi so I know that is not the issue. I need help with this issue. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 connected to ethernet stay connected to wifi