Windows 10: wifi will not stay connected

Discus and support wifi will not stay connected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i am beyond over this i did have an ethernet connection but have moved and that is not an optionstart off connected it may last 2 min may last 10 then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BigDaniel1982, Aug 12, 2021.

1. wifi will not stay connected

i am beyond over this i did have an ethernet connection but have moved and that is not an optionstart off connected it may last 2 min may last 10 then drops and reconnects sometimes this is any wifi network including mobile hotspots.. i have updated drivers, restore factory settings im at a total loss i have an hp 15..... troubleshooters say there isnt a problem because at that moment its connected and when its not it says to connect to the internet to run trouble shooterin the time ive used to type so far ive seen it drop and reconnect 5 timesis there a log to show why it disconnected ive

:)

BigDaniel1982, Aug 12, 2021
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Aug 12, 2021
  3. N8 stays connected after exit OVI STORE

My N8 is on PR1.1 and the latest Ovi Store update today (to ver 2.06.00042) yet I'm still encountering the problem of Ovi Store keeping the data connections open.

I am certain that the problem is with the Ovi Store application, here's how I tested it:

1. Check that there is no wifi or 3G connection open.

2. Run Skype. Note that wifi connection is made. Close Skype. Wifi connection drops.

3. Individually repeated step 2 for Profimail, Slick, Ovi Music, Web Browser, Subway Subcard app. Wifi connection dropped as soon as each app was closed.

4. Run Ovi Store. Note that wifi connection is made. Close Ovi Store. Wifi conection stays active until I manually disconnect it.

5. Repeated steps 2&3 and noted that wifi always disconnected as soon as each app was closed.

6. Repeated step 4 and noted that wifi stayed open again after exiting Ovi Store.

Note: I have also repeated this entire process over 3G and the symptoms are identical; 3G connection stays active after exiting Ovi Store.

My final observation was that if I leave the data connection active after exiting Ovi Store and then run another app (like the ones listed in steps 2&3) that uses the open data connection, the connection stays active after exiting that app, whereas if there
    had been no connection to start with, the connection would drop successfully.

Question for Nokia: Why is Ovi Store doing this? Can I/we have a fix please?

Thanks,

Matt.

matthewleech---01, Aug 12, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

wifi will not stay connected

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

wifi will not stay connected

1. wifi will not stay connected - Similar Threads - wifi stay connected

2. My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.: So essentially I can briefly connect to the wifi for a few seconds, but I quickly lose connection and it's a pain to get it reconnected. It keeps saying can't connect to this network...
  3. My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.: So essentially I can briefly connect to the wifi for a few seconds, but I quickly lose connection and it's a pain to get it reconnected. It keeps saying can't connect to this network...
  4. Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.: My wifi connects on my pc but downloads and runs very slow for about 5 minutes before it stops working, if i click on the wifi icon while its connected, i only see mines appearing for about 2 seconds before all the other networks pop up. its very slow and i can only download...
  5. WiFi dropping out, but staying connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi dropping out, but staying connected: Recently my wifi has been dropping, but Windows still says it connected. No other devices on the wifi are cutting out, just my laptop. If I disconnect then reconnect to the wifi on the laptop, it starts working again. I literally double click the button to...
  6. Problem in staying connected to a Wifi network

Problem in staying connected to a Wifi network: Hello, I need help with the the issue I am facing consistently. I am not able to keep my device Acer Swift 3 connected to my home WIFI network. It keeps getting disconnected after a restart or being idle for a few mins. It is taking a lot of hard work to connect it again....
  7. Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy

Wifi will not stay connected to the internet without the ethernemy: My wifi wont stay connected to the internet without the ethernet. I have updated the wifi card online and it did need it. I have an Acer its about 3 or 4 yrs old. I thought maybe it might be the f3 key which turns the wifi on and off but that didnt help either. Any help...
  8. WIFI will not stay connected on my computer

WIFI will not stay connected on my computer: How to fix the problem is listed below. Go to Network and Sharing Center select Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your wireless connection (the name of the wireless connection) - select Properties - select Configure. Click on the Power Management tab - deselect "Allow...
  9. WiFi Will not Stay Connected

WiFi Will not Stay Connected: I have a Asus Q200E and i have windows 10 on the computer. When using my Mac, it never has problems staying connected to the wifi so I know that is not the issue. I need help with this issue. Thanks...
  10. WiFI not staying on

WiFI not staying on: I had to replace the hard drive on a friends acer aspire/m laptop and installed win 10 1803. I was using ethernet cable to for the internet, but when I took it off to test the wifi, the wifi is turned off. I turned the wifi on, but it still shows the connection is still off....