Windows 10: wifi wireless adapter compatible with windows 10.

Discus and support wifi wireless adapter compatible with windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; need a recommendation for a wifi wireless adapter. Installed windows 10 yesterday and system keeps giving me a blue screen that says no internet. Had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by #waynerichardson#, Mar 30, 2020.

1. wifi wireless adapter compatible with windows 10.

need a recommendation for a wifi wireless adapter. Installed windows 10 yesterday and system keeps giving me a blue screen that says no internet. Had a discussion with an Microsoft advisor yesterday and he suggested that my netgear adapter probably was the issue.

:)

#waynerichardson#, Mar 30, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

wifi wireless adapter compatible with windows 10. [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Wireless USB adapters compatible with Windows 10

Hi Virgil,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the troubleshooter provided in the below Microsoft article and then try to install the network adapter driver.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

• Press Windows and X
      key together and select Device Manager.

• Locate the Network adapter icon. Right click on the driver icon.

• Select Update driver software.

• Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

• Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

• Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

• If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘1 to ‘3 and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

• Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.

• Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Bob338 Win User

wifi wireless adapter compatible with windows 10.

Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

wifi wireless adapter compatible with windows 10.

1. wifi wireless adapter compatible with windows 10. - Similar Threads - wifi wireless adapter

2. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue: I hopped on my pc a few days ago and I was not connected to internet. I clicked to check for available networks and nothing at all pops up as if i didn’t have a wireless network adapter. I checked to see if it was updated and it was then I went to uninstall it to reinstall it...
  3. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue: I hopped on my pc a few days ago and I was not connected to internet. I clicked to check for available networks and nothing at all pops up as if i didn’t have a wireless network adapter. I checked to see if it was updated and it was then I went to uninstall it to reinstall it...
  4. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless Wifi Adapter Disapeared!

Wireless Wifi Adapter Disapeared!: So my PC is made for gaming and I got it built for me and don't have the most experience with Windows10 or PC's in general...But, for about a month or so my computer has been notifying me of a recent update. Everytime I attempted to update my PC it failed to update. So one...
  6. Wireless Wifi adapter settings

Wireless Wifi adapter settings: Hi, i have a wireless wifi adapter which i recently brought since i dont receive stable wifi. The wifi adapter works great i can get 70 mbps from tmy 5g internet since i am quite far from the router i get more wifi with 5G so i use it. I just want to know is there anyway i...
  7. wireless adapter not compatible windows 10 problem

wireless adapter not compatible windows 10 problem: for a few days my laptop got an issue when i start the pc a white screen appears after 1min displaying wireless adapter not compatible 703 but i have no problem with the network connection but i had to wait a long time to start windows .please help me...
  8. Issues with wireless WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with wireless WiFi adapter: I’ve done about everything I can to fix a Netgear WiFi adapter that hasn’t worked for over a year. My PC has gone through 3 wireless adapters. They will just stop working entirely on a given day. The light on the adapters won’t even work. Sometimes (rarely) I can get them to...
  9. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi: Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am using Windows 10 The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps I have also one USB mini wifi adapter...
  10. connecting to WiFi with wireless adapter card. windows 10

connecting to WiFi with wireless adapter card. windows 10: I’ve just installed a wireless adapter to my desktop. I am using windows 10. The card shows up as installed correctly and it shows signal, but I cannot get connected to my WiFi. Any suggestions on what to do?...