Windows 10: Wifi/wireless connection

Discus and support Wifi/wireless connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just want to share this. After a recent update my WIFI connection was disabled, I contacted Microsoft Support for help, they tried but to no avail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MeskeremBalkew, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Wifi/wireless connection

I just want to share this. After a recent update my WIFI connection was disabled, I contacted Microsoft Support for help, they tried but to no avail. Every thing from Reset, uninstall, reinstall ,system restore ,etc. didn't work. When ever I trouble shoot the troubleshoot kept displaying that my wireless capability isn't connected, then I start to google what wireless capability is then I discovered this : press fn + the wireless F12 on window laptop and my WIFI is back on. Simple.

:)

MeskeremBalkew, Oct 17, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

Wifi/wireless connection [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Oct 17, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Wifi/wireless connection

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

In my device manager, it shows that the drivers are there and the device is working fine.

when I try to update drivers, it says the best drivers are installed already.

Any other solutions?

Thanks

oneandthree, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Wifi/wireless connection

1. Wifi/wireless connection - Similar Threads - Wifi wireless connection

2. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  3. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  4. Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections: My Windows 11 ASUS Laptop does not portray the option to connect to wifi. When running the troubleshooter, it says that I am connected using a virtual network adapter that they can’t test, but I am not. The only recommendation there is is to restart my PC but it does not...
  5. Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections: My Windows 11 ASUS Laptop does not portray the option to connect to wifi. When running the troubleshooter, it says that I am connected using a virtual network adapter that they can’t test, but I am not. The only recommendation there is is to restart my PC but it does not...
  6. Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue: Product: Example: HP Notebook 15 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit I turned my computer on this morning and out of no where my wifi was turned off and not connected to my network. When I went to reconnect it said there was no networks available. So I tried...
  7. Cant Connect To My Wireless Wifi!

Cant Connect To My Wireless Wifi!: hey guys so I'm trying to connect to my wifi but for some reason everytime I go to put the password in and press enter it will pop up saying cant connect to this network with a option to close then i have to put the pw in again but does the same thing can you help me fix it?...
  8. Wireless card won't connect to wifi

Wireless card won't connect to wifi: Hello My laptop wireless connection suddenly disconnected and I have done everything to the best of my ability from update to resetting my system to fix but I found this error message in the event for the network device. "Device...
  9. Connection laptop to wireless wifi

Connection laptop to wireless wifi: My pc 'sees' the wifi, but will not connect Password not problem as other devices connect with password Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-laptop-to-wireless-wifi/3eb5ea57-1bf7-435e-a7be-87897c8900af
  10. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi: Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am using Windows 10 The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps I have also one USB mini wifi adapter...