Windows 10: Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others.

Discus and support Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know what happened but it will show a full list of available networks but won't show either of mine. I even tried to connect to it without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mel_Learns_Life, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others.

I don't know what happened but it will show a full list of available networks but won't show either of mine. I even tried to connect to it without having to click on it. What's going on? My other devices are connecting just fine.

submitted by /u/Mel_Learns_Life
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mel_Learns_Life, Oct 31, 2019

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Oct 31, 2019
  3. revdrw Win User
    WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Oct 31, 2019
  4. NTM2003 Win User

Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others.

Wifi names

I was wondering can you put anything as a wifi name for example I wanted to put CIA-outpost-#### random number is that illegal? I've seen FBI surveillance van 006 before on my list of wifi names I can pick up.

NTM2003, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others.

1. Wifi won't detect my own wifi but will see others. - Similar Threads - Wifi won't detect

2. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  3. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  4. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can see all wifi networks but not my own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see all wifi networks but not my own: I did some updates and now I can't see my own wifi network on 1 of my laptops. I can all other known networks. I know it's broadcasting because I can see my wifi network on other devices phones, other laptops & smart TVs. I'm stumped... Any ideas would be appreciated....
  6. I can see all wifi networks but not my own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can see all wifi networks but not my own: I did some updates and now I can't see my own wifi network on 1 of my laptops. I can all other known networks. I know it's broadcasting because I can see my wifi network on other devices phones, other laptops & smart TVs. I'm stumped... Any ideas would be appreciated....
  7. I can see all wifi networks but not my own

8. I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own

I can see other's WiFi networks but not my own: Hi, I have Windows 10 on an ASUS Zen Pro laptop. I can connect to the internet by ethernet cable but can not connect to our WiFi network. Other devices in our home can connect to the WiFi except for this ASUS Zen Pro laptop. I can see my neighbor's WiFi networks from the...
  9. Desktop cannot detect other wifi's

Desktop cannot detect other wifi's: So my desktop is windows 10, and it is connected to one of my internet via Ethernet. I want to connect to my other internet but my computer doesn't show any other available wifi. How can I fix this problem? Please help! I want to connect to my other internet because it is...
  10. wifi won't detect any network

wifi won't detect any network: My wifi won't detect any network, it shows a red cross sign in notification area. It's using Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC (Driver version: 2023.43.914.2016). Today, When I checked the manufacturers site, they suggested RTL8188CE version so I downloaded...