Windows 10: WiFi working but cannot connect to internet

Discus and support WiFi working but cannot connect to internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My WiFi is working on all other devices from which I can access the internet but I am unable to connect to internet on my desktop I have rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gaynor5406, Feb 20, 2020.

1. WiFi working but cannot connect to internet

My WiFi is working on all other devices from which I can access the internet but I am unable to connect to internet on my desktop

I have rebooted router, reset on desktop but nothing seems to be working

It won't let me change or have access to protocol but to be honest not sure what i am doing

Any help would be gratefully received

Thank you

Gaynor

:)

Gaynor5406, Feb 20, 2020

2. Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Feb 20, 2020
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Feb 20, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

WiFi working but cannot connect to internet

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Is that ipv4 pool for DHCP? I usually set fixed IP addresses outside dynamic pool (so above .64 in your case)

Other solutions: like Superfly suggested, new wifi adapter (USB solutions in your case), and found one old HP thread... uninstalling HP hotkeys worked for someone - looks like app was messing with physical key...)

AndreTen, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

WiFi working but cannot connect to internet

1. WiFi working but cannot connect to internet - Similar Threads - WiFi working cannot

2. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  3. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  4. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work: For the last week or so, I've been having issues with my Windows computer's internet connectivity. In network and internet settings, I am apparently "connected to the internet," but no app, including internet browsers and Microsoft apps can actually connect to the...
  5. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work: For the last week or so, I've been having issues with my Windows computer's internet connectivity. In network and internet settings, I am apparently "connected to the internet," but no app, including internet browsers and Microsoft apps can actually connect to the...
  6. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Internet works but apps cannot connect to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet works but apps cannot connect to it: After leaving my computer for the last week I came back and now none of my apps can connect to the internet except for google chrome. My internet is perfect, I've tried to check a ton of different things but nothing works. My guess is the security update that was installed...
  8. Internet works but apps cannot connect to it

Internet works but apps cannot connect to it: After leaving my computer for the last week I came back and now none of my apps can connect to the internet except for google chrome. My internet is perfect, I've tried to check a ton of different things but nothing works. My guess is the security update that was installed...
  9. Internet works but apps cannot connect to it

10. Cannot connect to internet through SOME wifi

Cannot connect to internet through SOME wifi: So my laptop, which is a Lenovo Legion Y520, can't connect to the internet through the instaconnect wifi. It can connect to the wifi, but it says no internet. However, some of my other devices work very well on the same wifi. What confuses me is that the Lenovo Legion Y520...