Windows 10: Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication

Discus and support Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm having some connectivity issues in specific cases. The WiFi connection icons indicate that I have no internet connection but I seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dimitris georgoulas, May 16, 2023.

1. Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication

Greetings, I'm having some connectivity issues in specific cases. The WiFi connection icons indicate that I have no internet connection but I seem to be able to browse through web pages, download or upload files. What I cannot do is connect to the Microsoft Store and generally apps that use internet connection like iLok etc. It also prevents me from manually searching for updates on windows and other drivers. I have tried: 1unistalling and then reinstalling my WiFi adaptor's drivers 2restoring my connection to the default settings 3restoring my PC completely while keeping my files4comm

:)

dimitris georgoulas, May 16, 2023

2. Limited WiFi Connection

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now my internet connection is limited for my WiFi.

When i try connect to my modem i just get limited connection but when I use my mobile phone hotspot it works just fine.

I have tried the following;

To manually reset TCP/IP, follow these steps:

Note: You must be logged on to the computer as an administrator to perform the steps.

1. On the Start search box, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then clickRun as administrator.

2. At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt--

AND

I would suggest you to update the drivers for the network adapter.

Steps update the drivers for the network adapter.

Refer the following steps.

• Click Start and type devmgmt.msc, and then Enter. The Device Manager window opens.

b) Expand Network Adapter.

c) Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.

d) Restart the computer. Windows should now install the drivers itself.

e) Update the drivers in the same way but by selecting Update driver.
    AND

Flushed and Renewed DNS

AND

Disabled DNS Server on my router

RobertPriest, May 16, 2023
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Wifi Connected but Limited Connection

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to connect to the internet? If yes, you may disable the error message
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if this helps:

Method 1:

This error message can be displayed when, in fact, you are already connected to the Internet. If that is the case, you can safely ignore the error message.

To disable the error message, follow these steps.

• Open network connections from control panel.
    • Double-click Local Area Connection, and then click
      Properties.
    • In the General tab, click to clear the
      Notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity check box.
    • Click OK, and then click
      Close
    Method 2: Run Network troubleshooter.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” from the left panel.
    • Select “Network Adapter” troubleshooter and then follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, May 16, 2023
  4. Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication

WiFi windows 10 limited, no internet connection

Hi,

Based on the connection status that you received, most likely your computer did not receive a valid IP address from your WiFi network. It could be that a static IP address was assigned or an Invalid IP address was received. For us to determine why your new
    notebook is getting a limited connection, we suggest checking its IP settings. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt window, type in ipconfig/all, then hit
      Enter.

Please take a screenshot of the result so we can have a closer look at it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 16, 2023
Thema:

Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication

1. Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication - Similar Threads - Wifi working limited

2. Wifi connection is always limited.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection is always limited.: I have an old HP 250 G1 laptop, and I have a Window 8 running on it. I used to have Windows 10 on it earlier but to do performance lagging i downgraded my system.The wifi and all were working fine earlier , but randomly the wifi stopped working on windows 10 onlya part of...
  3. Wifi connection is always limited.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection is always limited.: I have an old HP 250 G1 laptop, and I have a Window 8 running on it. I used to have Windows 10 on it earlier but to do performance lagging i downgraded my system.The wifi and all were working fine earlier , but randomly the wifi stopped working on windows 10 onlya part of...
  4. Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication: Greetings, I'm having some connectivity issues in specific cases. The WiFi connection icons indicate that I have no internet connection but I seem to be able to browse through web pages, download or upload files. What I cannot do is connect to the Microsoft Store and...
  5. Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication

Wifi working but with limited capabilities and a no connection indication: Greetings, I'm having some connectivity issues in specific cases. The WiFi connection icons indicate that I have no internet connection but I seem to be able to browse through web pages, download or upload files. What I cannot do is connect to the Microsoft Store and...
  6. Limited wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited wifi connection: This connection is limited. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-wifi-connection/e89f93f8-896d-4f11-8e5d-b37b7f212760
  7. Limited wifi connection

Limited wifi connection: This connection is limited. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-wifi-connection/e89f93f8-896d-4f11-8e5d-b37b7f212760
  8. Limited WIFI connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Limited WIFI connection: Hi, I am having an issue connecting my laptop to my WiFi. Other devices can connect to the WiFi so there are no issues with the router itself. I have been previously connected to this router on my laptop and issues started when we used an extender alongside this router....
  9. Wifi limited connection problem

Wifi limited connection problem: Hi, I am experiencing Problem with the wifi connectivity after I updated my Dell Inspiron 15 3521. I updated the Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) to the latest and tried every steps I could find in the blogs, youtube and communities talk but still couldn't fix the...
  10. Wifi Limited (at home connection only)

Wifi Limited (at home connection only): HI, i know the title sound familiar and you would tell me to open this or that thread about ip configuration. Not that i dont want to listen to you guys, but here the situation: -i have a laptop with 2 OS, win 7 and 10 (win 10 as primary, win 7 only to play games) -i have...