Windows 10: WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't

Discus and support WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I bought a USB WiFi adapter tp-link AC1300 Mini Wireless and I plugged it on my desktop, but the connection is so weak. In my laptop the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by João Teixeira 123, Oct 19, 2021.

1. WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't

Recently I bought a USB WiFi adapter tp-link AC1300 Mini Wireless and I plugged it on my desktop, but the connection is so weak. In my laptop the internet works fine but on my desktop it's very slow and sometimes doesn't even work at all. I updated the driver and it still does not work. I ran the Network Troubleshooter but it didn't help.Is the problem my desktop? Is the problem the adapter? I would appreciate any help on this.Thanks.

:)

João Teixeira 123, Oct 19, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Microsoft Teredo Tunelling Adapter doesn´t exist

My teredo tunneling adapter is non-existant on my pc, I´ve tried adding it by legacy hardware but it wasn´t there, I've set DisabledComponents to 0, it doesn´t show up when i view hidden devices and there´s no download for this driver apparently, I´ve
    tried a lot of solutions and nothing has worked for me.

Please help me, i can´t play multiplayer games with my friends and neither use party chat on the Xbox App.

carlosrdz117, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Zontir Win User

WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't

1. WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't - Similar Threads - WIFI working laptop

2. Wifi doesn't work on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi doesn't work on my laptop: It is the same as the name says, I tried to use the answer in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-option-under-network-internet/0c8d6cd3-cb24-4ba3-8572-28c945d36c29 but it did not help any suggestions ?...
  3. My wifi 6 adapter doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi 6 adapter doesn't work: I was just watching youtube when all of then sudden the WiFi adapter and bluetooth won't work anymore I have tried about everything. Uninstall it and the re-install it.repair it through the command prompt as administrator.disable/enableand nothing works it still says that...
  4. My wifi 6 adapter doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi 6 adapter doesn't work: I was just watching youtube when all of then sudden the WiFi adapter and bluetooth won't work anymore I have tried about everything. Uninstall it and the re-install it.repair it through the command prompt as administrator.disable/enableand nothing works it still says that...
  5. WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI working on laptop but on PC with adapter it doesn't: Recently I bought a USB WiFi adapter tp-link AC1300 Mini Wireless and I plugged it on my desktop, but the connection is so weak. In my laptop the internet works fine but on my desktop it's very slow and sometimes doesn't even work at all. I updated the driver and it still...
  6. Wifi adapter on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter on pc: So um im buying a prebuilt dell gaming pc and i want to know if it has a wifi adapter installed.I've posted a link to the pc i want if u want to know about because it doesn't have a official...
  7. Wifi doesn't work, Windows deleting adapter

Wifi doesn't work, Windows deleting adapter: Hi all, When I turn on my laptop - wifi can't connect, it doesn't show available networks - and in the network settings it doesn't show my wifi adapter. Running the troubleshooter I find the error: "The Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201160MHz adapter is experiencing driver.."...
  8. wifi adapter not working

wifi adapter not working: Hi i have recently purchased a cheap usb adapter to make up for my damaged onboard wifi. here is the link...
  9. PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter

PC doesn't recognize wifi as a network adapter: The other day when I was turning on my computer, I saw that it is not connected to the internet by wifi. I went to network settings and it seemed like computer thinks it doesn't support wifi, just wired internet. I opened device manager and there was no wifi under network...
  10. Wifi adapter doesn't work anymore

Wifi adapter doesn't work anymore: I have an HP Pavilion15 Notebook PC and ever since I dual booted windows 10 and linux, my wifi has stopped working properly. (By the way I did delete linux a while ago and the problem persisted). It would work fine a bit, but then if i would play any sound on my computer...