Windows 10: WiFi Works Fine at College but Not At Home

Discus and support WiFi Works Fine at College but Not At Home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear MSCS I have been asking this question for a few weeks now and right now am awaiting for two network cards as a final solution, if it will work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Nov 25, 2020.

1. WiFi Works Fine at College but Not At Home

Dear MSCS

I have been asking this question for a few weeks now and right now am awaiting for two network cards as a final solution, if it will work, but my issue concerns my WiFi and finding out why when I come home from college and using the WiFi there.

Why is it when I come home, my mums or girlfriends that the WiFi turns itself off and have no idea why this has been happening all of a sudden.

I found when I turn my device on, the WiFi is connected until I open a browser of which I have three or any other online service.

The WiFi gets disabled and won't enable on request.

I am baffeled, I hope someone can help, please.

:)

Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Nov 25, 2020

2. college wifi

hi there's a "host checker" on my college's wifi and when i try to connect to it on my samsung focus it tries to install a .cab file which the phone cannot. what do i do to fix this?

Dillsnufus, Nov 25, 2020
  3. matt547 Win User
    matt547, Nov 25, 2020
  4. WiFi Works Fine at College but Not At Home

College Wifi is not connecting after installation of antivirus

Hi,

There are different factors that we want to consider as to what causes network connection issues. It could be corrupted system files, software conflicts, or faulty/out-of-date network adapter drivers. Regarding the network settings not working properly,
    kindly provide more information, or a more in-depth description of the issue you're experiencing.

As for the WiFi connection issue, the antivirus software that you recently installed is probably restricting your PC from being able to connect to your college WiFi. To verify, we suggest that you temporarily disable the antivirus software. If the issue
    still persists even after disabling the antivirus software, there might be something wrong with the WiFi connection itself. It would be best to contact your college's I.T. department, or whoever is in charge of the WiFi connection for assistance.

Note: How to disable the antivirus software depends on the antivirus developer.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

WiFi Works Fine at College but Not At Home

1. WiFi Works Fine at College but Not At Home - Similar Threads - WiFi Works Fine

2. My wifi connection is working perfectly fine but in the settings home page it shows that is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi connection is working perfectly fine but in the settings home page it shows that is...: it says "not connected offline" but as you can see in the quick settings the wifi is connected and working perfectly fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-connection-is-working-perfectly-fine-but/48fe4d66-23ad-4b37-8bab-71ccfddb144e
  3. My wifi connection is working perfectly fine but in the settings home page it shows that is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi connection is working perfectly fine but in the settings home page it shows that is...: it says "not connected offline" but as you can see in the quick settings the wifi is connected and working perfectly fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-connection-is-working-perfectly-fine-but/48fe4d66-23ad-4b37-8bab-71ccfddb144e
  4. College website only open on college wifi only . Can I open website without college wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    College website only open on college wifi only . Can I open website without college wifi?: Iam a college student. My college given a website for student login and another website for results but those websites only open on college wifi but donot open on any service network or any wifi .Can I open website without college wifi?...
  5. College website only open on college wifi only . Can I open website without college wifi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    College website only open on college wifi only . Can I open website without college wifi?: Iam a college student. My college given a website for student login and another website for results but those websites only open on college wifi but donot open on any service network or any wifi .Can I open website without college wifi?...
  6. College website only open on college wifi only . Can I open website without college wifi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet working fine but not wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ethernet working fine but not wifi: hello, i am a user of windows 10 pro. but from last some time ethernet connection is working properly but wifi is not working nicely. it keeps on disconnecting again and again and makes trouble. please help me...
  8. Ethernet working fine but not wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ethernet working fine but not wifi: HELLO ' I AM A USER OF WINDOWS 10 PRO. FROM THE LAST SOME MONTHS WIFI IS NOT WORKING ON MY PC BUT WHEN I PLUG A ETHERNET CABLE THE INTERNET STARS WORKING. THE WIFI DISCONNECTES AGAIN AND AGAIN AND SHOWS NO INTERNET INSPITE OF INTERNET DATA LEFT. PLEASE HELP ME. I HAVE TO...
  9. intermittent DNS while on phone hotspot, works fine with home wifi

intermittent DNS while on phone hotspot, works fine with home wifi: when I connect to my phone hotspot, I get the errors of server dns address couldn't be found ONLY for some websites and not all. This happens regardless of the browsers I used. If I connect to Home wifi, everything works fine. its not my phone because other pcs connect to...
  10. Can't connect to my college wifi

Can't connect to my college wifi: Hello, I'm having trouble connecting to my college WiFi. Every time I try to sign in the wifi I get the message 'Cant connect to this network' even though my credentials to sign in is correct. I was connected to this network before, so I went to my manage known networks to...