Windows 10: Wifi works for a couple minutes after boot then stops

Discus and support Wifi works for a couple minutes after boot then stops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a new pc that came with windows 10 and has a pcie wifi card. The wifi was working fine until earlier today, when it started throwing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by legend383, May 12, 2016.

1. legend383 Win User

Wifi works for a couple minutes after boot then stops

I recently bought a new pc that came with windows 10 and has a pcie wifi card. The wifi was working fine until earlier today, when it started throwing an error about missing network protocols. The annoying thing about this is that it'll work fine for a couple of minutes after login then stop. The confusing thing is that whilst the Internet is unaccessible, the router settings page is accessible. I've tried various fixes (network troubleshooter, re-seating the card, repositioning the external antenna) but nothing has fixed it permanently. Anyone here have any ideas?

:)

legend383, May 12, 2016
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Internet works for about 10-20 minutes then stops. The only way to fix it is by turning it off and back on again.

Hi Niko,

The default gateway is a device that connects a computer to the internet. This is usually a broadband modem or router. To address your concern regarding the error message: Default gateway is not available, kindly click this

link
    and follow the steps provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on January 20, 2016.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, May 12, 2016
  3. Internet works for about 10-20 minutes then stops. The only way to fix it is by turning it off and back on again.

Ar rom it is not working still it still has the same problem i did everything it said on the link that robert put and still its the same. Also this issue is only on this pc the rest of my devices are working on the same internet connection

Niko...why, May 12, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

First thing I would look at/for is and updated driver for that wifi card from the PC vendors website. Then I would look at the modem/router for a firmware update or even do a factory reset on it.

Plankton, May 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Wifi works for a couple minutes after boot then stops - Similar Threads - Wifi works couple

2. All Programs Stop Working, then after a couple of minutes my system restarts by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Programs Stop Working, then after a couple of minutes my system restarts by itself: Randomly it seems any program I have open stops functioning and I can't right click or even open the windows start button to shutdown. All open windows pseudo freeze as I can minimize/close some of them but it doesn't say "not responding" at the top of the windows as it...
  3. All Programs Stop Working, then after a couple of minutes my system restarts by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Programs Stop Working, then after a couple of minutes my system restarts by itself: Randomly it seems any program I have open stops functioning and I can't right click or even open the windows start button to shutdown. All open windows pseudo freeze as I can minimize/close some of them but it doesn't say "not responding" at the top of the windows as it...
  4. MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER: I own the hyper x cloud 2 headset and when i try to use the mic it works for a little bit then suddenly stops working.I have tried everything doesn't work.If anyone can help me out please feel free to leave a comment.Also the mic works it might be something or some...
  5. MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER

MIC WORKS THEN RANDOMLY STOPS A COUPLE MINUTES LATER: I own the hyper x cloud 2 headset and when i try to use the mic it works for a little bit then suddenly stops working.I have tried everything doesn't work.If anyone can help me out please feel free to leave a comment.Also the mic works it might be something or some...
  6. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  7. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  8. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. USB Keyboard stops after a couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Keyboard stops after a couple of minutes: Hi, so here how it goes. I have a lenovo v110-15IAP. I was using for a year a usb wireless keyboard with no issues. Stopped using it for a couple of weeks Vacation time and when I was back it wasn't working like before. I can type normally for a minute, but then I have...
  10. WIFI keeps disconnecting after a couple of minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI keeps disconnecting after a couple of minutes: Hi, I'm new here and I'm not very good with that kind of stuff, so please be comprehensive. I have a lenovo Y40-70 that I bought 1 year ago. I have a problem with my wifi connection, it keeps disconnecting after 5 minutes to 1 hour. It's been 1 week since I have this...