Windows 10: wifi

Discus and support wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm in the hospital on their wifi and a game I play all the time I can't play now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JenniferZirkle, Sep 6, 2018.

1. JenniferZirkle Win User

wifi

I'm in the hospital on their wifi and a game I play all the time I can't play now

:)

JenniferZirkle, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 6, 2018
  3. NTM2003 Win User
    Wifi names

I was wondering can you put anything as a wifi name for example I wanted to put CIA-outpost-#### random number is that illegal? I've seen FBI surveillance van 006 before on my list of wifi names I can pick up.

NTM2003, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Lov Dollente Win User

wifi

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

wifi

1. wifi - Similar Threads - wifi

2. Snip off WiFi antenna?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snip off WiFi antenna?: So have been repairing a few old laptops and one I stupidly put a screw through the antenna to the WiFi card when putting it back together. Replacing the antennae is too much trouble (having taken the screen off to look). So am going to get a usb WiFi dongle instead. But not...
  3. WiFi drop out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi drop out: My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a...
  4. WIFI speed vs pc speed

WIFI speed vs pc speed: I recently got new frontier service with speed of 200/200 using speedtest.net my apple phone gets those numbers up and down. however my pc is only running close to 50/50 - the frontier tech told me it my be a setting in my pc - my pc is a dell intel core i5...
  5. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...
  6. How to install WiFi drivers for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install WiFi drivers for Windows 10: [ATTACH] Without requisite drivers installed, the hardware you try to connect to your PC will fail. Manufacturers develop drivers so that the OS running on your machine can work harmoniously with your devices and applications. Internet WiFi connections can fail if [...] This...
  7. Windows 10 apps not working on Wifi having Captive Portal

Windows 10 apps not working on Wifi having Captive Portal: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and unable to access Microsoft store and other store apps installed as they aren't working on Wifi having Captive portal. Windows doesn't detect it as captive portal and I've login manually via chrome. Chrome works fine but Edge doesn't. Please...
  8. how do I copy my wifi settings to a usb. I want to put them in my television.

how do I copy my wifi settings to a usb. I want to put them in my television.: I have a television which can connect to the internet but I don't know how to copy my routers settings to a usb. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-my-wifi-settings-to-a-usb-i-want-to/23f2eeda-623b-4cee-98e1-28bbed8def16
  9. Windows Maps and WiFi ... RIP Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Maps and WiFi ... RIP Internet: As if there was another reason to rant about how things are only exclusively locked to use the ethernet port on your PC. I was trying to use the Maps app yesterday, but when I start it up, the WiFi cut out. I was intending on looking up restaurants in the next town over, but...
  10. WIFI not working after windows 10 November 2018 udpate

WIFI not working after windows 10 November 2018 udpate: Hi, After Windows 10 November 14, 2018 update, My WIFI is not working. Tried reinstalling the drivers. However, no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-working-after-windows-10-november-2018/32b09c57-604e-4548-9001-79f36ca748c0