Windows 10: wifi

Discus and support wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm in the hospital on their wifi and a game I play all the time I can't play now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JenniferZirkle, Sep 6, 2018.

1. wifi

I'm in the hospital on their wifi and a game I play all the time I can't play now

:)

JenniferZirkle, Sep 6, 2018

2. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 6, 2018
  3. NTM2003 Win User
    Wifi names

I was wondering can you put anything as a wifi name for example I wanted to put CIA-outpost-#### random number is that illegal? I've seen FBI surveillance van 006 before on my list of wifi names I can pick up.

NTM2003, Sep 6, 2018
  4. wifi

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

wifi

1. wifi - Similar Threads - wifi

2. why does every wifi automatically connect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does every wifi automatically connect?: I do not want to show or auto connect to unknown wifi. Slows down computer on staring up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-every-wifi-automatically-connect/36e1e4f8-8f24-47c1-9871-bbf64105128c
  3. USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?

USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?: I have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that i have not used for a while. When i did use it, i use it wired with ethernet connected to the modem or router. But the desktop now is going to be located one floor below it and thus cannot be connected wired via ethernet 1. That...
  4. no wifi on game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no wifi on game: my computer is connected to wifi but when i get on Farmville 2 country escape it says i am not connected to a wifi and i don't know how to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-on-game/d89d769c-1a49-4f97-9bac-1b53f48ea05a
  5. Wifi for a 1000 users

Wifi for a 1000 users: I need some advice. Here's the situation. I work at a campground and I've been put in charge of the wifi. Not because I'm qualified. More because I like computers, so I got the job... We currently have a very limited bandwidth (24,bit ADSL), but everything is setup for...
  6. wifi connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi connectivity issue: i have windows 10 and my laptop is not recognizing my home wifi but is properly connecting to my mobile hotspot and work wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connectivity-issue/f9ab8094-010c-4e5e-a68c-cd80f38d4713
  7. Windows keep changing my WiFi profile to Public

Windows keep changing my WiFi profile to Public: Hello, I've been having a problem for last few weeks maybe longer with my wifi disconnecting every 10 minutes for a few seconds. I thought it is the fault of my new phone, since I'm connecting to its Wi-Fi hotspot, but after a lot of troubleshooting it turned out to be a...
  8. Backing up WiFi settings in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up WiFi settings in windows 10: Hi All, Just wondering if there is a way to backup all the connection settings used by my WiFi on my laptop, I have to restore them onto another laptop but do not want to loose all the logins and settings. If I could export them to a folder it would be a great help....
  9. WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.

WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.: Hi all, I have a relatively new laptop. I connect to WIFI via a mobile hotspot, pocket wifi or house connection. The WIFI will drop out if I don't have the power cord plugged in. When I don't have the cord connected and the WIFI drops out, the 'trouble shooter section'...
  10. Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds

Unstable Wifi, WIFI card turn off / on every few seconds: Since I reset my windows "a month ago" WIFI connection become unstable. It's turn off every while "5:10 seconds" and turn on after another seconds while it work very good with LAN cable in. I tried several salutations as: Troubleshoot connection and it find now issue....