Windows 10: wifi

Discus and support wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why can't my computer see the 5g side of my wireless router?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PVLSantee, Dec 8, 2018.

1. PVLSantee Win User

wifi

Why can't my computer see the 5g side of my wireless router?

:)

PVLSantee, Dec 8, 2018
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 8, 2018
  4. wifi

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

wifi

1. wifi - Similar Threads - wifi

2. my home wifi network won't show up on the available networks but all other devices can see it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my home wifi network won't show up on the available networks but all other devices can see it: I have read all the previous fixes and tried them all. Still same problem. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-home-wifi-network-wont-show-up-on-the-available/52808eef-06a2-4c46-ba34-f3c1c5b1bf72
  3. WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WIFI "Manage Known Networks" list is empty even while connected. Have to reconnect WIFI...: When I go to WIFI Settings and click on Manage Known Networks, it lists no networks, not even the one I am connected to. Furthermore, whenever I turn on the computer, Win10 does not remember my WIFI Networks. This is only an issue with my desktop running Windows10. Other...
  4. PLEASE SOME IDIOT AT MICROSOFT FIX THE REMOVE WIFI CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY SCREW UP. DOES...

PLEASE SOME IDIOT AT MICROSOFT FIX THE REMOVE WIFI CONNECT AUTOMATICALLY SCREW UP. DOES...: A LITTLE HOME MICROSOFT HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. SPEND A FEW DOLLARS OF THE BILLIONS YOU MAKE ANNUALLY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-some-idiot-at-microsoft-fix-the-remove-wifi/41905f1b-644e-4856-b299-01f19c407ba7
  5. Limiting WiFi Networks

Limiting WiFi Networks: How do I stop my neighbours' WiFi networks appearing in my list of available networks ? Whenever my network drops out and I click on the WiFi icon in my system tray to re-connect I get 5 or more networks that aren't mine. I would like to stop this happening I am running...
  6. wifi adapter error help!!!

wifi adapter error help!!!: i just buy a new wifi adapter for my laptop but after the first week it cant connect to my wifi. when i try to connect the adapter is automatically disabled and then enabled when i diagnose it, it says the wifi is hidden ( i never change the router setting btw ) i just try...
  7. WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix

WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix: I've had this issue for a few months now: the WiFi will drop out, and the system tray icon will show the 'no connection' globe. When I click on the globe, there are no available WiFi networks, where there are usually several. Often the tray icon will simply stop responding to...
  8. Epson XP 200 Printer wifi and NBN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson XP 200 Printer wifi and NBN: I have just had the NBN connected and now cannot print. I have rebooted and had a look around but not knowledgeable enough to work it out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-xp-200-printer-wifi-and-nbn/19086bb9-adc3-496a-b21a-a44a5550fe5e
  9. How to have backup WiFi kick in automatically with a shaky Ethernet connection?

How to have backup WiFi kick in automatically with a shaky Ethernet connection?: My normal internet connection has been dropping often before coming back - likely due to the increased bandwidth usage in the area. I play online poker and this can happen in the middle of pots, where I will end up timing out and losing real money. I can set up a mobile...
  10. wifi

wifi: why am I keep getting no rtl818x showing after trying to install Realtek wfif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi/85e088e6-a63a-4b99-8fc8-382331c34d69