Windows 10: WiFi

Discus and support WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wifi keeps switching to flight mode my computer isn't a laptop so why can't we have a button or link to say never switch wifi off?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElaineMinter, May 15, 2019.

1. WiFi

Wifi keeps switching to flight mode my computer isn't a laptop so why can't we have a button or link to say never switch wifi off?

:)

ElaineMinter, May 15, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, May 15, 2019
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 15, 2019
  4. WiFi

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, May 15, 2019
Thema:

WiFi

1. WiFi - Similar Threads - WiFi

2. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/3655aff6-b0c7-4386-8a89-59cc6d95d0fb
  3. Blue screen when ever i connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen when ever i connect to wifi: I get the blue screen error on my laptop windows 10 when ever i try to connect to wifi if i don’t every thing works fine I tried to delet the latest programmes and updates that have been instaled on my pc and many solutions i have founded on internet but nothing changed...
  4. File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi

File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi: Hi, I have a network with : 2 Pcs on W10 Pro (PC1 & PC2) 1 WindowsHomeServer (WHS) a box to connect to the Internet File sharing is enable and everything works fine each PC can access the Internet and files from all computers. To get rid of the ethernet cable, I...
  5. is there an app that monitors daughters incoming and outgoing phone txts that uses home wifi ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    is there an app that monitors daughters incoming and outgoing phone txts that uses home wifi ?: is there an app that monitors daughters incoming and outgoing phone txts that uses home wifi through my comp shes trying to hide while she txts...
  6. My Wifi not showing up on available networks

My Wifi not showing up on available networks: Hi, For some reason my Wifi is not showing up on available networks on my laptop, i can see other networks but not mine. I have restarted the router and can connect to it via my mobile and so can my family members on there laptop (wireless) so there is no issue with the...
  7. WiFi connection

WiFi connection: Just updated to Win10 1809 and now WiFi keeps dropping out and wind up having to reconnect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection/08a26208-e3aa-4f43-82f1-325e0067ce9d
  8. No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox: I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox. Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the...
  9. Surface Pro 5 (2017) Slow WiFi

Surface Pro 5 (2017) Slow WiFi: Hi. My surface pro 2017 model has started performing poorly on latest windows 10 build. On same wifi network I get over 200mbs via my phone compared to only 25mbs on the surface pro. Anyone else getting same?...
  10. device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2

device manager showing grayed out wifi and wifi 2: So a few weeks ago when I shut down my modem and turned it back on. I notice the connection is being odd a bit later and when i check i see this [ATTACH] and in settings it is showing WiFi 2 instead of WiFi. It has gotten to the point where it can barely connect to the...