Windows 10: WiFi

Discus and support WiFi in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My Wireless headset (Bluetooth connection) stopped working, after I updated my Windows 10 from 1803 to 1903 version. I did all restarting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kazem vafaeian, Jun 26, 2019.

1. WiFi

Hello,

My Wireless headset (Bluetooth connection) stopped working, after I updated my Windows 10 from 1803 to 1903 version. I did all restarting the computer, uninstalling and installing the Bluetooth, updating the driver, changing the Bluetooth thing (a little USB prob to propagate the Bluetooth wave in the air at the distance max 10 m), nothing helped. Any help appreciated. Cheer, Kazem

:)

kazem vafaeian, Jun 26, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 26, 2019
  4. WiFi

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

WiFi

1. WiFi - Similar Threads - WiFi

2. Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 No Longer Connects to Ethernet and WiFi: This week brought Win10 ver 1903 and I can no longer get WiFi to connect if the ethernet cable is plugged in. If I boot with ethernet, manually trying to connect WiFi silently fails. If I boot without ethernet, WiFi is automatically connected yet drops if I plug in the...
  3. (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.: I think the icons on the taskbar are very bland. While I know how to change app icons, I couldn't change the battery, volume and wifi icons. I think that I have to replace the windows icons with the icons I need but I can't find the correct file or maybe I need to install a...
  4. Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi

Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi: I am running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362) and, until recently, had no issues connecting to my 5 Ghz WiFi. My network adapter is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. I am still able to access my 2.4 Ghz, but when connecting to 5 Ghz, I am getting the...
  5. WiFi Network Program - Product agent for Windows

WiFi Network Program - Product agent for Windows: I noticed when I turn my laptop on I can see a program entitled product agent for windows running on my wifi network. It take up a small amount of network bandwith so it's not concerning from that standpoint but I want to make sure it is an authorized program. Can someone...
  6. Why does the latest MS Windows 10 update DISABLE wifi!?

Why does the latest MS Windows 10 update DISABLE wifi!?: I am fed up with these so called updates which destroy functionality like this... makes them entirely useless. Stupid, untested, unrobust, Bill Gates inspired beta rubbish! But lanyway et's inflict it on unsuspecting users because they will find the bugs - oh yes!! Funny...
  7. WiFi and USB Driver Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and USB Driver Problems: Hi all, after some hardware problems I had to restart my PC. Both, the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 as well as the USB Root Hub failed to load. According to the Device Manager, the Wifi Device cannot start (Code 10) and the USB Root Hub may be corrupt or missing (Code...
  8. How to prevent Windows 10 from saving WiFi passwords

How to prevent Windows 10 from saving WiFi passwords: How do I prevent Windows 10 from remembering any WiFi passwords? The use case is a shared laptop with a generic login being used on enterprise WiFi that requires authentication based on the users' kerberos login. So everyone logs into Windows with a local account, but...
  9. Wifi crashes after trying to connect to a specific wifi

Wifi crashes after trying to connect to a specific wifi: Hi there, I'm trying to connect to my apartment complex's wifi, but everytime I type in the password, the wifi crashes and opens back up to say 'Cant connect to this network'. I'm using the most updated windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. I've tried every suggestion I've found...
  10. WiFi Speeds Dropped After Recent Windows Update

WiFi Speeds Dropped After Recent Windows Update: Hey, so, to keep it short, I run a 120mbps downstream, and 40 or so upstream And my windows force restarted last night, forcing me to update to the newest version, and ever since it restarted, it hasn't been able to get above a 25mbps downstream Does anybody know what the...