Windows 10: Wifi

Discus and support Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wifi setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi/0e36d839-aa8a-45c7-b752-0492500fd7be Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamGill4, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Wifi

Wifi setup

:)

WilliamGill4, Aug 13, 2019
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Wifi

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Wifi

1. Wifi - Similar Threads - Wifi

2. Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...: Sudah beberapa hari saya melakukan pemulihan wifi agar bisa mengaktifkan, tapi sama saja,.saya tidak bisa mengaktifkannya. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-saya-mengalami-turn-wifi-back-on-manually/c9dc17e3-d1da-4166-b7db-37c3dd2a9d4f
  3. Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...: Sudah beberapa hari saya melakukan pemulihan wifi agar bisa mengaktifkan, tapi sama saja,.saya tidak bisa mengaktifkannya. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-saya-mengalami-turn-wifi-back-on-manually/c9dc17e3-d1da-4166-b7db-37c3dd2a9d4f
  4. Laptop saya mengalami turn WiFi back on manually, saya melakukan banyak cara namun tidak...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  6. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  7. I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...: I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up network connections on ethernet 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-wifi-doesnt-give-me-the-option-to-turn-on/31ae1736-fa45-4e32-a888-4be157329853
  8. I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...

I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up...: I get no wifi. Doesnt give me the option to turn on or off the wifi. And it doesn’t come up network connections on ethernet 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-no-wifi-doesnt-give-me-the-option-to-turn-on/31ae1736-fa45-4e32-a888-4be157329853
  9. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  10. WiFi Connection issue

WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...