Windows 10: WiFi

Discus and support WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to set up my Dell desktop and I’m struggling connecting to the Internet. Every time i run the troubleshooting there is a problem found. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alexisporter, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:07 PM.

1. WiFi

I am trying to set up my Dell desktop and I’m struggling connecting to the Internet. Every time i run the troubleshooting there is a problem found. I just don’t know how to connect to my wireless network.

:)

alexisporter, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:07 PM
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:09 PM
  4. WiFi

Wifi isn't working

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Did you receive any error messages when trying to connect to WiFi?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when trying to connect using a different device?

Meanwhile, you can check more advanced steps on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and keep us posted with the
    result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:09 PM
Thema:

WiFi

1. WiFi - Similar Threads - WiFi

2. wifi adapter error help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wifi adapter error help!!!: i just buy a new wifi adapter for my laptop but after the first week it cant connect to my wifi. when i try to connect the adapter is automatically disabled and then enabled when i diagnose it, it says the wifi is hidden ( i never change the router setting btw ) i just try...
  3. WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix

WiFi periodically drops out and requires a restart to fix: I've had this issue for a few months now: the WiFi will drop out, and the system tray icon will show the 'no connection' globe. When I click on the globe, there are no available WiFi networks, where there are usually several. Often the tray icon will simply stop responding to...
  4. Epson XP 200 Printer wifi and NBN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson XP 200 Printer wifi and NBN: I have just had the NBN connected and now cannot print. I have rebooted and had a look around but not knowledgeable enough to work it out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-xp-200-printer-wifi-and-nbn/19086bb9-adc3-496a-b21a-a44a5550fe5e
  5. How to have backup WiFi kick in automatically with a shaky Ethernet connection?

How to have backup WiFi kick in automatically with a shaky Ethernet connection?: My normal internet connection has been dropping often before coming back - likely due to the increased bandwidth usage in the area. I play online poker and this can happen in the middle of pots, where I will end up timing out and losing real money. I can set up a mobile...
  6. wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi: why am I keep getting no rtl818x showing after trying to install Realtek wfif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi/85e088e6-a63a-4b99-8fc8-382331c34d69
  7. After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...

After Windows updates, my wifi connection becomes hit-and-miss, or drops completely. This...: I ran the diagnostics within Windows 10. It just told me I had no internet connection, and that it was the router's fault, but it wasn't. Everything else in the house is online, with no problem. Two phones, an Ipad, 2 smart TVsethernet, & Xbox Oneethernet, and they all are...
  8. my wifi doesn not wake up after starting my laptop ASUS UX433 FA

my wifi doesn not wake up after starting my laptop ASUS UX433 FA: Dear sir, I did try many options to help my wifi wake up but in vain and tired now. hence writing to you. I also went to INTEL Website and updated the WIFI drivers but no improvement... Also updated driver thru device manager of Windows update but no use. Also did a...
  9. Windows 10 home 1903 couldn't find the WiFi network it wanted

Windows 10 home 1903 couldn't find the WiFi network it wanted: Windows 10 home 1903 couldn't find the WiFi network it wantedTry to reinstall the computer, clean boot, SFC,DNS, netsh winsock reset and other operations also failed to find, before the computer or mobile devices can normally connect to WiFi.How should I deal with it?...
  10. Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network

Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network: I have an unusual situation as I only have mobile hotspot at the moment, I have 2 PCs which are on a network router, but only one has a wifi dongle to connect to the mobile hotspot. Is that anyway I can share the internet with the other PC on the network through the one...