Windows 10: Wifi

Discus and support Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Sometimes when I turn my pc on a new Wi-Fi signal will appear calling itself mom.o, when this happens my actual Wi-Fi signal goes away until I restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Justicar, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Wifi

Sometimes when I turn my pc on a new Wi-Fi signal will appear calling itself mom.o, when this happens my actual Wi-Fi signal goes away until I restart my router. When I look at the mom signal it claims to be coming from the QUALCOMM Atheros internal Wi-Fi adapter installed on my pc. Any help understanding how I can prevent this would be appreciated.

:)

The Justicar, Aug 4, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

Wifi

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Wifi

1. Wifi - Similar Threads - Wifi

2. Problems with WiFi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with WiFi: So, every time I boot up my pc, WiFi randomly disconnects. I’ve had this issue for about a week now and it is incredibly infuriating. Sometimes from the very beginning that I boot it up it won’t be connected, and won’t show available networks. When I try to click on my wifi...
  3. Can‘t connect to my WiFi on my PC

Can‘t connect to my WiFi on my PC: Hey guys, today I turned on my pc and out of nothing, it couldn‘t connect to my WiFi router. I tried restarting my router and pc, resetting my router etc. but nothing helped. I can connect to my Hotspot of my iPhone‘s Mobile Data, it‘s really slow but it works tho. When I try...
  4. Bluetooth device constantly disconnecting on WiFi Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device constantly disconnecting on WiFi Windows 10: On WiFi, the Bluetooth connection disconnects and reconnects about every 10 seconds. Only occurs when no sound or video is in play idle. The connection has no issues with the WiFi off. Problem has occurred ever since I've gotten a new WiFi router. Went through various forum...
  5. issue in laptop wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    issue in laptop wifi: I connect my laptop to the internet using mobile hotspot and the speed is very slow. Around 20-30kbps according to fast.com But, if I use the same mobile to connect using USB tethering, I easily get around 1 – 2 Mbps. This is not due to mobile because I have got the same...
  6. WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices

WiFi Broadband Speed on laptop dropped and is now slower than other devices: Hi I have fibre to premises broadband from Vodafone and the speed is 200 mbps since March this year. In the first few months, the WiFi speed was the same as with an Ethernet cable connected if I was close to the router. Recently, the speed is much slower than that....
  7. wifi - unable to change guest connection to router into "normal" connection

wifi - unable to change guest connection to router into "normal" connection: Hello I have run a home network for some yearswindows 10, and my router is connected to the internet. As I have guests in the summertime, needing an internet connection, I have added a guest connection to my router TP LINK. Now the problem: recently I acquired a new...
  8. Do any Wifi USB adaptors support Miracast?

Do any Wifi USB adaptors support Miracast?: I can’t find anything that states if a USB adapter will support Miracast or not. I have seen people claim that any Wifi adaptor will work but that is 100% not the case. Does anyone use a USB adapter for their PC and can confirm they can use Miracast? submitted by...
  9. Wifi with Fibrer Internet - Windows 10 64-bit from Vodafone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi with Fibrer Internet - Windows 10 64-bit from Vodafone: Hi, Has anyone upgraded the internet and when I am trying to sign in I get the message No Internet, secure? What can I do - I tried almost everything . . . to no avail? Any suggestions: Best Regards Eugenio Taliana...
  10. wifi drops connection

wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...