Windows 10: WiFi

Discus and support WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10. i started having a series of problems but they eventually fanned out but I still am unable to connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aliinja, Feb 22, 2016.

1. aliinja Win User

WiFi

I recently upgraded to windows 10. i started having a series of problems but they eventually fanned out but I still am unable to connect to the internet via wifi. I have to use the ethernet cable.

:)

aliinja, Feb 22, 2016

2. No more WIFI. What?

My Samsung Focus Flash, a Windows Phone no longer recognizes WIFI networks . WIFI turned on but the screen just keeps saying "Searching". Other devices I have recognizes my WIFI network.

Told to do a hard reset. What happens if I do device reset? What do I lose? Do I have to buy previously purchased apps? What about contacts?

Need WIFI!!!, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 WiFi not working after sleep mode

I've seen some older posts with this issue, but none every really say what the fix is. Seems this typically gets fixed by messing around in the systems and some unknown action fixes the issue. I've not been so lucky. So, problem is; I have a new Dell
    Inspiron 13 7000 series, i5 with Windows 10. My Wifi connects and works fine. If the computer goes to sleep, or the screen saver comes on, when I wake it back up the Wifi says it's "connected", but it does not work. If I hover over the WiFi icon in the lower
    right it says "no internet connection". I can disconnect and reconnect to Wifi, but it still will not work. If I totally restart the computer, WiFi automatically connects and it's all good until next time it sleeps or the screen saver comes on and I wake
    the system back up. I've unchecked the box in Device Manager power settings that allows/prevents the WiFi to be turned off in power saving mode. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sleepy WiFi, Feb 22, 2016
  4. WiFi

hTconeM9user, Feb 22, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I have 2 laptops.
    One is a Dell which has a switch at the front to turn On or Off WiFi.
    One is an Acer Aspire. It has a F3 key which is also used to switch on or off WiFi.

Have a look at your computer manual ,hopefully you still have it. WiFi :)

What is your computer model ?
    Chances are someone in these forums use the same model.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

WiFi

1. WiFi - Similar Threads - WiFi

2. Windows 10 doesn't remember wifi password on restart. I tried every method I could google...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn't remember wifi password on restart. I tried every method I could google...: Please help submitted by /u/-CatsWithTopHats- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwrd0n/windows_10_doesnt_remember_wifi_password_on/
  3. set the default WiFi network per user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set the default WiFi network per user: Hello I have a Windows 10 (1903) Home laptop, and I want to configure it so that when user1 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork1, and when user2 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork2. Basically I want to set the default WiFi network per user. Is...
  4. set the default WiFi network per user

in Windows 10 Support
    set the default WiFi network per user: Hello I have a Windows 10 (1903) Home laptop, and I want to configure it so that when user1 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork1, and when user2 logs in, they automatically connect on WiFinetwork2. Basically I want to set the default WiFi network per user. Is...
  5. securing wifi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    securing wifi: who is using my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/securing-wifi/3f961a92-a282-40d7-937e-90595122fb6e"
  6. "Type Here to Search", Wifi, Notification Center, and Windows Update Center won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Type Here to Search", Wifi, Notification Center, and Windows Update Center won't load: SPECS -Windows 10 (upgraded from Windows 7) -Dell Precision M4700 (laptop) -Quad Core i7 -AMD FirePro Graphics -16 GB RAM Alright so here is my issue. About 4 months ago (I've put up with it for awhile) I encountered strange issues when clicking on either the "type...
  7. Unable to connect my printer's WIFI and my house WIFI.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect my printer's WIFI and my house WIFI.: I have recently had the internet (that was original in my son's name) switched over to his new home. So...I got 2 brand new boxes, one is the router and the other is the modem. They said that was so the signal would be stronger. My problem is that my printer, a Kodak...
  8. Help: how to separate ethernet and wifi in Network & Sharing Center / SecPol

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: how to separate ethernet and wifi in Network & Sharing Center / SecPol: Both my office and gaming PCs are connected to my router via ethernet. I sometimes simultaneously connect both those PCs to the same router via wireless as well. On my office PC, the connections show as two separate networks in Control Panel (Network and Sharing Center) and...
  9. WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere: I've been having BSoD problems recently, so I decided to make a scan using sfc /scannow in the command prompt. Due to some complications I had to close the window midway, and since then I'm not able to connect to wireless networks. On the network list on the lower right,...
  10. Problem with Hibernate and Wifi

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with Hibernate and Wifi: Hi I'm Danial I have some problem with wifi,i can't find new wifi devices when i hibernate my laptop ( Lenovo Z5070 ) and turn on again. i must restart windows (windows 10 Enterprise ) what's solution? Thanks...