Windows 10: Wifi

Discus and support Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is it when i try to connect to wifi it says The Pin is a 4- or 8- digit number. You can find the Pin displayet on the device. The Pin isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustinEg1, Jun 11, 2021.

1. JustinEg1 Win User

Wifi

Why is it when i try to connect to wifi it says The Pin is a 4- or 8- digit number. You can find the Pin displayet on the device. The Pin isn't correct. Please try again. Even tho it is correct

:)

JustinEg1, Jun 11, 2021
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Anak Win User

Wifi

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Thema:

Wifi

1. Wifi - Similar Threads - Wifi

2. No WiFi option after windows update - intel driver ac8265 is unplugged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi option after windows update - intel driver ac8265 is unplugged: Recently i updated to the latest version of Windows 10. After the update finished , i could not loacte or find any WiFi network When i checked my drivers and checked the hidden ones i saw that my Intel dual band ac8265 was disconnected I...
  3. CANNOT CONNECT WIN 10 PC TO HOME WIFI IN WIN 10

CANNOT CONNECT WIN 10 PC TO HOME WIFI IN WIN 10: I recently purchased a new router Linksys AC1900 and set up my home wifi network. I have 12 devices connected, including a Win 10 PC that is appx a year old. All of these devices connected quickly and with no problem. However, I have an older Win 10 PC that was previously...
  4. Update broke Wifi and USB device connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update broke Wifi and USB device connection: My laptop recently had a windows 10 update which did not go so well due to firewall blocking the update. Since the update my start menu is not opening, wifi and ethernet are not showing up and no USB connections are getting detected.The...
  5. mixing wifi and wired computers

mixing wifi and wired computers: Is there an easy way to share files between a wifi connected computer and an ethernet connected one that are both connected to the same router in a home setting?...
  6. Wifi shows internet is "connected, secured" but Outlook and Teams show that they can't connect

Wifi shows internet is "connected, secured" but Outlook and Teams show that they can't connect: I am using Windows 10, and since yesterday have been having a problem where the laptop suddenly thinks it can't access the internet. Whatever application I am using continues to work, but all other apps shows warning icons and say they can't connect.For example, I was on a...
  7. WiFi Setting Not Available in Settings and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi Setting Not Available in Settings and Taskbar: Hi,I am facing an issue recently in which the WiFi is not showing up in the network and settings option on the taskbar. When I boot up my laptop , the WiFi gets connected but after sometime it just disappears automatically. Sometimes it comes back on its own, but mostly I...
  8. wifi

wifi: I am trying to connect to my school wifi but it keeps saying cant connect to this network please help!!! I have tried to delete the wireless network adapter and then download it again it still did not work pls help!!!!!...
  9. home networking wifi and ethernet computers

home networking wifi and ethernet computers: How do I home network and share a computer on wifi with one on ethernet, when they are on the same router? Looks like the easiest way is to make them both ethernet or wifi...
  10. Cannot connect to 5ghz wifi

Cannot connect to 5ghz wifi: Brand new pc. Started downloading and installing everything I needed when I lost connection to my home wifi. Did some quick attempts at trouble shooting. was able to get connected to the 2.4ghz band but whenever I try to connect the 5ghz band it just says that it is...