Windows 10: Wiill October update put pc back to default desktop ?

Discus and support Wiill October update put pc back to default desktop ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With the upcoming Windows 10 October update...will this update put pc back to default desktop ie will it remove all personal software programs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by treblefree, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Wiill October update put pc back to default desktop ?

With the upcoming Windows 10 October update...will this update put pc back to default desktop ie will it remove all personal software programs and settings and wii have to re-install everything again ?

:)

treblefree, Oct 3, 2018

2. Can I Change My Default Desktop Location??

Hello Lucas,

You may change the default location for the desktop and library folders on Windows 10.

To change the default location of the folders, please follow these steps:

• Click Start, type This PC and press
      Enter
    • Right-click the Desktop folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab and click Move.
    • Find the new location for the Desktop folder and click
      Select
      Folder.
    • Click OK to finish.

The steps must be done on each of the library folders.

Regards.

Devlin Sco, Oct 3, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 3, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

Wiill October update put pc back to default desktop ?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Wiill October update put pc back to default desktop ? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Wiill October update put pc back to default desktop ?

1. Wiill October update put pc back to default desktop ? - Similar Threads - Wiill October update

2. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  3. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop: I've recently noticed a problem with my PC desktop which is due to the onedrive app trying to mirror my PC. I first unlinked and then uninstalled onedrive, however it is still defaulting to the non-existent onedrive desktop view. The same goes for my pictures and documents...
  4. Defaulting back to "user" desktop not the Onedrive desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Desktop Screen back to default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Screen back to default setting: G'day, I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me how I can get my Desktop Screen back to its default settings. Thank you Perry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-screen-back-to-default-setting/9f40bf72-ecc8-4983-84db-c3f29c8d4a5a
  6. Put it back the way it was

in Windows 10 Customization
    Put it back the way it was: I don't like the new way it does not work for me so put mine back. If I wanted to change I would have clicked on the stupid ad you kept putting up But! i didn't did I. You had no right to change my page after all it's my account "YES" so put it back NOW.........
  7. Putting Windows 10 Back on my PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Putting Windows 10 Back on my PC: I have Windows 10 installed since I first got my notice years ago that 8 would not be working anymore. I'm at my friend's house now on her PC. I have always disliked when Microsoft 'updates' my computer as I am used to how it was. So yesterday when a new update came on and I...
  8. Desktop is black after October updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop is black after October updating: After updating in October 2018 my desktop running Windows 10 get black when i sign in. I only can move a mouse pointer around the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-is-black-after-october-updating/a7064df3-399c-4a94-add2-19b7a9833ba6
  9. Wiill October update put pc back to default desktop ?

in Windows 10 News
    Wiill October update put pc back to default desktop ?: With the upcoming Windows 10 October update...will this update put pc back to default desktop ie will it remove all personal software programs and settings and wii have to re-install everything again ? 118992
  10. How to put This PC icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put This PC icon on desktop: I've got build 10159 installed. I can't find a way to put the This PC icon on the desk top. That should be a simple task. Has any one done it? 7704