Windows 10: Wild Mouse actually it's the cursor

Discus and support Wild Mouse actually it's the cursor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for about a month but it has only gotten worse and I have not found any tech support agent with an answer. My cursor will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DMMLNC DONNA, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Wild Mouse actually it's the cursor

I've been having this problem for about a month but it has only gotten worse and I have not found any tech support agent with an answer. My cursor will suddenly start moving erratically. I say it is the cursor and not the mouse because we have tried everything - 4 different mice - USB wired, USB wireless, wifi and corded - it will happen with any and all, and disconnecting it does not make the erratic behavior stop. With many tech support agents on phone and on my computer, we have uninstalled and reinstalled all mice, keyboard, touchpad, numeric keypad, as well as speakers, external hard drives - updated all drivers, etc. We have removed all USB's and it still happens. No problems are found in Device Manager.

In order to stop it, I have to restart or reboot, doesn't seem to matter which. Sometimes, with patient effort, I am able to close all programs and shut down with "restart" or "shut down", but, frequently, I am unable to gain enough control with mouse or touchpad to shut down and have to hold down the power butter for about 8 seconds with programs still open.

Sometimes, I have to restart 2-3 times in a row to get it to stop – that is worst case scenario and has only happened two or three times. The worst is usually 2-3 hours before it goes haywire – but can occasionally work 10-12 hours without interruption. This last week or so, I have been rebooting about 4-5 times per day, but yesterday was a good 8 hour stretch. I never know what to expect.

There does not seem to be a trigger, doesn't matter what combination of programs I have open - I work online, at home, and my usual is Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Office 365 Excel [3 or 4 files] and Word [2 or 3 files], sometimes 1-2 PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC - that is the full array. I have tried only Internet Explorer and Excel, but it still happens. Actually, I have gone to sleep and left it on with nothing open, and 8-10 hours later, I am greeted with the jumping cursor. Not sure on this, but I think that when this happens, it tends to jump around only on the right half of my laptop screen, which is my primary screen. I have the laptop screen and a second monitor as well. Part of the challenge of shutting down is trying to close open programs on the second screen because the cursor keeps jumping back to the right. PS, yes, have tried working without second monitor and it still happens. I cannot think of anything that hasn't been tried, include every fix suggested in this forum.

Please tell me that someone knows exactly what is wrong and how to fix it! Thanks in advance

:)

DMMLNC DONNA, Sep 2, 2020
  2. CountMike Win User

Cursor gone wild

Control panel > Mouse > Pointer options > Select pointer speed:

Wild Mouse actually it's the cursor [​IMG]

CountMike, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Sep 2, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

Wild Mouse actually it's the cursor

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Wild Mouse actually it's the cursor

1. Wild Mouse actually it's the cursor - Similar Threads - Wild Mouse actually

2. Mousenot an actual mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mousenot an actual mouse: Hello microsoft community i have a problem that has been going quite for a long and it rages me real good. How do i fix my mouse going randomally at the edge of the screen and i cant control it. Please help....
  3. Mousenot an actual mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mousenot an actual mouse: Hello microsoft community i have a problem that has been going quite for a long and it rages me real good. How do i fix my mouse going randomally at the edge of the screen and i cant control it. Please help....
  4. Mousenot an actual mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mouse wildly scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse wildly scrolling: All up to date, windows 10 64 bit, home Mouse used to scroll pages on internet is difficult to control, last about 1 month. Pages run wildly up or down. As I approach certain aspects, I can slow it, but have to click fast or the item I want is gone. Usually in forums fora...
  6. Cursor for mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor for mouse: Hi I cannot see the cursor for my mouse I have tried trouble shooting and a restart and nothing. When I hit control it just shows me where it is by a circle but I cannot get it to be visible. Please HELP!!!...
  7. Cursor gone wild

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor gone wild: For some unknown reason my cursor has gone wild and is very hard to control. Is there any reason for this and how can I control it again please? 118489
  8. Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor: So this happened recently and I have spent all day trying to figure it out! My mouse cursor is constantly blinking with that hourglass symbol next to it signifying its "working in the background" I have researched it a ton and cant fix it myself. From what I've gathered there...
  9. mouse cursor

mouse cursor: My cursor shows up on some pages, but it does not show up on Google pages. This just started this morning. How can I get the cursor to show up on my Google pages?...
  10. Mouse cursor

Mouse cursor: For some reason the mouse cursor now changes to horizontal bar with arrow at each end when hovering over highligted words, I much prefer the cursor to remain an arrow head, how do stop this horizontal bar occurring? I have tried changing the pointer but whatever pointer is...