Windows 10: Wild rumour reveals why Microsoft decided to switch Edge to Chromium

Discus and support Wild rumour reveals why Microsoft decided to switch Edge to Chromium in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Recently Microsoft confirmed that they embracing the Open Source Chromium platform for their Edge browser on Windows and other popular operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 18, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Wild rumour reveals why Microsoft decided to switch Edge to Chromium

Recently Microsoft confirmed that they embracing the Open Source Chromium platform for their Edge browser on Windows and other popular operating systems. Most of the internet users have welcomed this move.

Once in the ’90s, Microsoft had the dominance in browser market share with their famous Internet Explorer. But those days are gone with the release of Chromium-based Google Chrome browser and the increasing dominance of Google in the field of Web.

An alleged Microsoft’s engineering team intern, Joshua, who reportedly worked in the Edge browser development team, has recently revealed the reason that convinced Microsoft to give up on Edge for Chromium.

Most of the web services from Google or from the third-parties are made of Google’s widely spread web properties.

Bakita said, “I very recently worked on the Edge team, and one of the reasons we decided to end EdgeHTML was because Google kept making changes to its sites that broke other browsers, and we couldn’t keep up. For example, they recently added a hidden empty div over YouTube videos that causes our hardware acceleration fast-path to bail (should now be fixed in Win10 Oct update).”

And we all know that YouTube issues are one of the main reasons why users left Edge browser.

Then he also added, “Prior to that, our fairly state-of-the-art video acceleration put us well ahead of Chrome on video playback time on battery, but almost the instant they broke things on YouTube, they started advertising Chrome’s dominance over Edge on video-watching battery life. What makes it so sad, is that their claimed dominance was not due to ingenious optimization work by Chrome, but due to a failure of YouTube. On the whole, they only made the web slower.”

“Now while I’m not sure I’m convinced that YouTube was changed intentionally to slow Edge, many of my co-workers are quite convinced – and they’re the ones who looked into it personally. To add to this all, when we asked, YouTube turned down our request to remove the hidden empty div and did not elaborate further”, further he stated.

The report claims that Google made all of these changes intentionally to prove that Edge’s performance is not as good as Chrome. Even when Edge team asked for more information about the changes they made, Google simply refused to provide that.

Now using open source Chromium-based browsing engine for default Windows browser may end the browsers war between Microsoft and Google.

This is not the first time Google is accused of using the market monopoly to stop their competitors. Previously they were fined by EU Court for the illegal restrictions to stop OEMs using third-party services on Android-based smartphones.

The post Wild rumour reveals why Microsoft decided to switch Edge to Chromium appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Wild rumour reveals why Microsoft decided to switch Edge to Chromium

No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Wild rumour reveals why Microsoft decided to switch Edge to Chromium

1. Wild rumour reveals why Microsoft decided to switch Edge to Chromium - Similar Threads - Wild rumour reveals

2. Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Chromium: Hi All, * We have installed edge chromium 84.0.522.63 offline installer and it has upgraded the inbuilt microsoft edge. * Current edge chromium 84.0.522.63 got upgraded automatically after an update edg chromium 86.0.622.38 has got installed from windows update. *But...
  3. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  4. Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta: [ATTACH] with the latest update version 83.0.478.25 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) it now lets you Sync Extensions from Google Chrome note i taken the picture from my other computer that has Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta on it then the one that im using to post this...
  5. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  6. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  7. Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium: Greetings, I am using the Edge Dev edition. I notice that the Stable edition is available. Two questions: -is there any advantage to moving to Stable? -if so, do I have to move my data, settings and extensions manually from Dev to Stable? Thanks, Graham 149521
  8. ADV200002 - Chromium Security Updates for Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    ADV200002 - Chromium Security Updates for Microsoft Edge Chromium: ADV200002 | Chromium Security Updates for Microsoft Edge based on Chromium Security Advisory Published: 01/28/2020 This advisory will be updated whenever Microsoft releases a version of Microsoft Edge which incorporates publicly disclosed security updates from the Chromium...
  9. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-chromium/90e60d5d-9c1e-4058-8f2f-b7c69b510b0f
  10. Microsoft reveals accessibility goals for Chromium browsers on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals accessibility goals for Chromium browsers on Windows: Microsoft’s next version of Edge browser for Windows 10, 8, 7 and macOS will be based on the Chromium codes. Microsoft has already confirmed that their Edge engineering team will contribute to Chromium community and improve the performance, features and experience of all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when will edge be chromium

2. why did microsoft switch to chromium

3. why did edge switch to chromium

4. windows 10 edge chromium date,
  5. chromium on windows phone,
  6. edge chromium release date,
  7. microsoft edge chromium release date