Windows 10: WILD SHUTDOWN STARTUP

Discus and support WILD SHUTDOWN STARTUP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a system with a lot of memory and a ton of storage space internal and external. I often will have EDGE, EXCEL and WORD open and running with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TemporaryUser0101, Mar 19, 2019.

1. WILD SHUTDOWN STARTUP

I have a system with a lot of memory and a ton of storage space internal and external. I often will have EDGE, EXCEL and WORD open and running with several files open in each. No problem until I leave them all open for too long and memory bleed leaves me gasping for air (memory) and finally, I have to close down and start over. There have been Office updates awaiting download and install on my system I have been ignoring because of the ensuing problems resulting from updates. While I want the updates, I HATE going thru the issues that normally result from updates, so I let them sit. Today, it happened. I began the day by starting to do something, I think it was to save a file, close it and open another file and suddenly "insufficient memory". I knew it was coming so, I shut down file by file after recording all the files that were open and I probably needed to go back to. Then I began shutting the files down. Finally, I had all three programs with no files open and began closing those. When done, I shut down the system by going to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and when that screen popped, I clicked on POWER to close it.

All seemed fine and I left it off for about five minutes. Then I punched the button and brought life back into the system. I went to open word and immediately got an error:

At this point, please note the differences in type size as well as spacing here. I did not do that, and I cannot change it no matter what I do!

Upon start-up, ran into situation and an error never seen before. When the system began (booted) it opened a Edge page for Windows Support (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hub/4338813/windows-help?os=windows-10) I wanted to save it to refer to later so I tried to open WORD by using the icon on the taskbar. Instead, I got the following error:

Line: 1

Column: 174

Error Code 0x80004005

Failed to find Office control by ID

ID: mso:AutoSaveSwitch

OK

I recorded the error info and closed the dialog box and immediately Word began and opened with the selection page where you pick what type document you wish to open and again got same error, I clicked OK and again error came up, clicked ok and it closed and word opened.

So, now I wanted to go back to the Windows Support page and again attempt to record locations and etc. so I can later refer to the info. I clicked on CTRL+N to open a new Word document and again, same error pops up.

I have opened a new Word page, recorded the web address and subject and some of the topics on the page. There is a line of optional locations such as:

Update & activate

Internet & storage

Security & privacy

Devices & recovery

Microsoft Store & apps

Gaming & Mixed Reality

I wanted to record the web address for each so went to the listing and used right click to “copy link” but that option would not appear. Thanks a lot as that means I have to open each, record the address and then close it after pasting onto the page I am setting up. Why is "copy link" failing to appear when I right click over the text I want the link for?

Now I moved to Excel and clicked the icon again on the taskbar and it opened with no issues whatsoever.

Then I opened a file that is always open on my machine that tells how to get into various websites of importance to me without revealing anything I don't want revealed. What appeared caused my heart to sink and my mood to go into the deep dumps. The file looked as if a 3 year got it open and began messing with it. Row and column sizes were all changed and not to the normal setting. Images disappeared and much more. It was a real case of horror, on a bright sunny morning not a deep, dark night with lots of fog. Now I will have to completely recreate the entire file and what I did not mention is that there are about 15 pages in this file all special setups and formatting. This is a HUGE job to recreate the file.

What caused all the formatting damage to this file on all 15 pages? Any way of quick recovery back to what it originally was? And this raises a question I have often wondered about. What if Excel were written so that when somehting like this happens or for other reasons, instead of going to the last saved version we could upon discoverying the damage, close it and open the previous saved file without the damage? IS that possible and would it be beneficial to most users?

Right now, that is where I am. I do not know how much more damage has happened that I am not aware of yet and dread to find.

Any help at this point will be very much appreciated.

Details You Will Need:

Windows 10

Office 365

StorageWILD SHUTDOWN STARTUP :Drive C:
    Description Local Fixed Disk
    Compressed No
    File System NTFS
    Size 930.27 GB (998,865,104,896 bytes)
    Free Space 823.39 GB (884,111,409,152 bytes)
    Volume Name Windows
    Volume Serial Number FE71B58CAll system files stored here.

Drive D:
    Description CD-ROM Disc

Drive E:
    Description Local Fixed Disk
    Compressed No
    File System NTFS
    Size 465.76 GB (500,105,248,768 bytes)
    Free Space 413.93 GB (444,451,999,744 bytes)
    Volume Name FreeAgent GoFlex Drive
    Volume Serial Number 4C70491D
    All user files stored here on this external drive

All I can really say now is that I am in a very desperate state and need help desperately, please.

:)

TemporaryUser0101, Mar 19, 2019
  2. sachind1 Win User

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Mar 19, 2019
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

WILD SHUTDOWN STARTUP

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

WILD SHUTDOWN STARTUP

1. WILD SHUTDOWN STARTUP - Similar Threads - WILD SHUTDOWN STARTUP

2. Wild Tangent Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wild Tangent Games: Wild Tangent Games lets me play game for 30 minute trail period but once trail period over won't let me play game even though I purchased game. not sure if I'm missing an update or something else is wrong. I've tried uninstalling Wild Tangent Game app & reinstalling app but...
  3. startup and shutdown scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    startup and shutdown scripts: my computer is being deployed to and i cant find help ANYWHERE. need to know if startup scripts can help me??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-and-shutdown-scripts/0a5a1b22-cdd8-4811-9452-08970cfa80e7
  4. Slow startup and slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow startup and slow shutdown: Hi everyone, I have a problem with my laptop with Windows 10. The startup is very slow (about 5 minutes) and the shutdown is the same. I checked the health of the disk with cristaldiskinfo and it's ok. I also did a malware scan and everything is fine. I disabled all junk...
  5. Shutdown and startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and startup: Hello . My windows 10 pc suddenly has been taking ages to shut off. I press shutdown and it takes 30 seconds for the shutdown screen to show. This randomly started 1 day. I reset the pc, keeping only my games and some documents and it,s still the same. It also takes longer to...
  6. Laptop shutdown after startup

Laptop shutdown after startup: So my hp laptop shutdowns after turning it on. I can get it to fully load once in a while but the majority of the time it simply goes to a black screen after startup and powers off. Any suggestions?...
  7. No Startup or Shutdown Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Startup or Shutdown Sound: Yes, I have the box checked to play sounds on startup under the sound tab in Control Panel. Does anyone have any ideas for me? When I test other sounds on the sound tab they play fine. I have noticed that Dolby Home Theater v4 did not migrate with the upgrade from Win 7....
  8. Shutdown/startup problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/startup problem: I have kind of a weird problem that went back to the Windows 8 days as well When I shutdown from my desktop, I have no problems when I start up again. (I'm the administrator if that makes a difference). When my wife shuts down from her desktop and I try to start up...
  9. Shutdown and startup performance

Shutdown and startup performance: Hey guys i have a very Annoying problem after several installing windows 10 - 7 - 8 my shutdown and startup times are awful i have samsung 850 Pro on my laptop before i forced to clean install windows i have a brilliant performance (about 6-7 sec cold startup and same...
  10. Shutdown/startup process logging

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/startup process logging: Does anyone know of a comprehensive guide to what should be recorded as a result of a default shutdown/startup sequence, i.e. what normal events/event IDs should I see in Event Viewer with fast startup enabled as opposed to any different events/event IDs recorded if fast...