Windows 10: Will 10X become Win 10, with old 10 becoming an addon package?

Discus and support Will 10X become Win 10, with old 10 becoming an addon package? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella teases next version of Windows will be unveiled 'very soon' - CNET Microsoft announces that Windows 10X has been canceled -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FuturDreamz, May 25, 2021.

1. Will 10X become Win 10, with old 10 becoming an addon package?

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella teases next version of Windows will be unveiled 'very soon' - CNET Microsoft announces that Windows 10X has been canceled - GSMArena.com news I've been trying to figure out what Microsoft is doing next, espcioal (solely because changes in technology is easier when you see them coming), and I realized Microsoft might be gearing up for the following: 1. Windows 10X replaces Windows 10 2. The original Windows 10 becomes a onetime paid addon package, like Home Pack, Pro Pack, Enterprise Pack, etc 3. All computers will be upgraded to the new Windows 10, but with a Pack depending on the original version which make the change seamless and largely invisible to the users 4. Windows 10 becomes free for all new devices (even for people who don't have a 7 or 8 license to do the free upgrade), but if you don't want to be restricted to the Windows 10X experience you need to pay for a pack license - or upgrade from an older OS 5. Computers will usually come preloaded with a Pack depending on their use. Laptops and desktops will have the Home Pack or Pro Pack, not sure how Enterprise subscriptions will be handled 6. tablets, hololens, and low end/cheap devices will have just the basic Windows 10 that's comparable to Google chrome, but you can pay for a pack to upgrade it to the full experience if it's compatible. Custom built PCs can be installed with the basic version of Windows 10 for free 7. With the 10X version of 10 being the default, Microsoft can start letting manufacturers experiment with different formfactors, like 7" tablets, 5" devices with cellular capabilities and a phone pack, and if the Xbox becomes a Windows 10 device running an Xbox Pack it may be possible to make third-party Xbox consoles as long as minimum requirements are met.

:)

FuturDreamz, May 25, 2021

2. Win 10 boots...

I have even on an old dell laptop from windows xp era: Windows 10 adventures

remixedcat, May 25, 2021
  3. Win 10 No All Apps and package repository is corrupted

I have recently upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 and having sorted some issues, no sound and upside down camera image, I am still unable to resolve the following:

1) My desktop displays like the old Win 7 not any new flashy Win 10 style

2) I have no 'All Apps' start link listing all my programs at all.

I checked listed apps via Power shell using Get-StartApps | measure

This returns:

Count : 341

Average :

Sum :

Maximum :

Minimum :

Property :

When I try to see if I can resolve via Control panel personalisation both Display and Ease of Access report "the package repository is corrupted"

I have checked help responses and one suggests downloading and installing
    Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO but this dates back to Feb 2015 and another thread suggests that this is something that would be updated by the eventual 'proper' Win
    10 install, unless I have misunderstood something?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

RatherPlayMyBanjo, May 25, 2021
  4. NGeo Win User

Will 10X become Win 10, with old 10 becoming an addon package?

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

Will 10X become Win 10, with old 10 becoming an addon package?

1. Will 10X become Win 10, with old 10 becoming an addon package? - Similar Threads - 10X become old

2. Win 10 Pro become unactivated after re-installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro become unactivated after re-installation: Hi,I have a DELL Optiplex 9010. It came with the Win 7 Pro originally. I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro during the MS free offer for upgrade in 2016. In the past years, I have upgraded the system disk several time. It always auto activate after the system disk change. Last week,...
  3. Win 10 Pro become unactivated after re-installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro become unactivated after re-installation: Hi,I have a DELL Optiplex 9010. It came with the Win 7 Pro originally. I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro during the MS free offer for upgrade in 2016. In the past years, I have upgraded the system disk several time. It always auto activate after the system disk change. Last week,...
  4. Win 10 Pro become unactivated after re-installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Becomes Vulnerable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Becomes Vulnerable: If windows 10 become vulnerable, what to do if service ended on october 2025? How to use windows 10 safely if i use windows 10 forever without being risked to avoid getting virus attack, ransomware etc?...
  6. Windows 10 Becomes Vulnerable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Becomes Vulnerable: If windows 10 become vulnerable, what to do if service ended on october 2025? How to use windows 10 safely if i use windows 10 forever without being risked to avoid getting virus attack, ransomware etc?...
  7. Windows 10 Becomes Vulnerable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently: So this just started happening today. I had one firefox with 4~5 Tabs open and I opened Thunderbird. If I would click one program after the other, Windows would just freeze for a couple of seconds. The problem is not specific to Firefox or Thunderbird. It seems to happen...
  9. Win 10 Programs are becoming unresponsive and wont close properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Programs are becoming unresponsive and wont close properly: So the problem started today where in out of nowhere a random software.. like chrome, steam, photoshop etc will stop responding or just not working in some areas.. then if i close it or task manager it... It leaves a process running that will hog cpu... If i open the program...
  10. Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Packages and UWP app folders have become encrypted: I don't not know how the encryption has happened. I have Windows 10 Home. The following folders have become encrypted C:\Program Files\WindowsApps C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages D:\WindowsApps D:\WpSystem\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages New apps and files become...