Windows 10: Will 8gb of ram make my computer fast?

Discus and support Will 8gb of ram make my computer fast? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have this old desktop from 2010. It had hdd but I successfully upgraded to a ssd. However computer was still slow. I checked and I realized it’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abdullah Rafiq, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Will 8gb of ram make my computer fast?

I have this old desktop from 2010. It had hdd but I successfully upgraded to a ssd. However computer was still slow. I checked and I realized it’s because of my ram. There are 2 sticks each has 1.5gb of ram. which means my computer has 3gb of ram. I found this single 8gb ram stick on Amazon that I can afford, and I’m wondering? If I take out my 2 old ram sticks and replace them with a single 8gb ram stick will my computer run faster or will it still be slow?

:)

Abdullah Rafiq, Mar 31, 2023
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Mar 31, 2023
  3. pparks1 Win User
    8GB RAM standard?

I still consider 8GB to be the minimum. For me, I go with 16GB these days, but I like to run VM's and those take up extra memory.

My first computer I personally bought was a 486 SX-25 with 4MB of RAM and 170MB hard drive, and it had a smoking fast 2x CDROM drive. It run DOS 6 with MS Windows 3.1

pparks1, Mar 31, 2023
  4. bobkn Win User

Will 8gb of ram make my computer fast?

8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?

The manual lists no setting for single/dual channel.

Even if it existed, I doubt that it would affect the amount of RAM seen by Windows.

bobkn, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Will 8gb of ram make my computer fast?

1. Will 8gb of ram make my computer fast? - Similar Threads - 8gb ram computer

2. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  3. Upgraded 8GB of Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded 8GB of Ram: Below is my Lap Top Specs. I just upgraded my Ram I added 8 GB of RAM. I am still having the same problem that my computer locks up. I have to hit ctrl + alt and delete to get back to normal. I have made my virtual memory larger but still the problem still exists. Any help...
  4. PLZZ 8GB RAM FOR MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLZZ 8GB RAM FOR MY PC: Split from this thread. PLZZ 8GB RAM FOR MY PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plzz-8gb-ram-for-my-pc/2552605a-3d44-4324-b3f3-e0a297f87d6a
  5. PLZZ 8GB RAM FOR MY PC

PLZZ 8GB RAM FOR MY PC: Split from this thread. PLZZ 8GB RAM FOR MY PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plzz-8gb-ram-for-my-pc/2552605a-3d44-4324-b3f3-e0a297f87d6a
  6. my ram is 8gb and my ram usable is 3.48gb how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my ram is 8gb and my ram usable is 3.48gb how to fix it?: when i play game in my computer its feel 60% more more lag than before.my usable ram before is 7.48gb and now going down to 3.48 anyone know how to fix it?...
  7. My computer only see 4GB of my 8GB RAM stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer only see 4GB of my 8GB RAM stick: Hey!I have a Lenovo Yoga 500, and it is running Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, 21H2. I have checked the specs, and it should be able to run 8GBs RAM. I have one 8 GB stick not 2 x 4GB and I have double checked that the RAM works on another machine, and that it is mounted...
  8. My computer only see 4GB of my 8GB RAM stick

My computer only see 4GB of my 8GB RAM stick: Hey!I have a Lenovo Yoga 500, and it is running Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, 21H2. I have checked the specs, and it should be able to run 8GBs RAM. I have one 8 GB stick not 2 x 4GB and I have double checked that the RAM works on another machine, and that it is mounted...
  9. My computer only see 4GB of my 8GB RAM stick

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075