Windows 10: Will a 3.5mm 4 conductor earphone jack work if plugged in one of the front panels that are...

Discus and support Will a 3.5mm 4 conductor earphone jack work if plugged in one of the front panels that are... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What I am trying to ask is this. My headset has 2 jacks , 1 for mic and one for the earphones. But the mic does not seem to work. I then connected my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pintree3, May 16, 2020.

1. pintree3 Win User

Will a 3.5mm 4 conductor earphone jack work if plugged in one of the front panels that are...

What I am trying to ask is this. My headset has 2 jacks , 1 for mic and one for the earphones. But the mic does not seem to work. I then connected my phone earphone jack to it which is a 4conductor jack in other words made for both mic and earphones listening and this too the mic did not work. I am trying to determine, without opening my newly assembled computer tower box if the problem is the mic of the headset not working or me not making the connections right or having forgotten the front panel mic connections. By plugging in my 4connector jack *from my phone I had hoped to get an answer but seeing as that didn't make the mic work made me think that either a jack from a phone will never work on the front panel and therefore does not give me the right answer regarding my headset or that it should work and therefore I must open my box again and check what I plugged in.

this in turn made me think if there is a way to test all hardware and connections inside the box besides fans and CPU and memory, which I know exists, therefore by using such an app once again I may not need to open my box

:)

pintree3, May 16, 2020

2. close internal speakers on my dell they schreec unless earphones are plugged into the earphone jack

close internal speakers on my dell they schreec unless earphones are plugged into the earphone jack

rolandbeland_048, May 16, 2020
  3. applepie Win User
    Windows 10: No Sound coming out of earphones (only speakers work)

It's a laptop (dual booting Win10[recently upgraded from win7 64bit] and Elementary OS Freya)

It's nothing to do with hardware issues

Earphones worked fine on my Elementary OS so my audio jack is definitely not broken or anything like that. Earphones work on my phone as well so i'm quite positive it's to do with windows 10 only.

No sound coming out of earphones

There's no sound coming out of the earphones, and I'm sure it's nothing to do with them because they work fine when I plug them into my phone. Also, I've tried another pair of earphones which resulted the same. However, the sound works perfectly without the earphones plugged into my laptop, the speakers are fine.

unsure if it's to do with drivers

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek HD audio drivers, reinstalling and nothing works.

However, I have Windows 10 but could only find drivers for Windows 7/8

settings

I've googled a bit and most would suggest something like checking the playback devices but the only one on my list is 'Speakers'.

Realtek detected my earphones

When I plug in my earphones, Realtek detected them and even popped up the notification saying 'you just plugged a device into the audio jack'

http://imgur.com/dFqaTU1
    as shown in the picture, when i toggle my mouse onto the black circle, it clearly detected something was plugged in, but somehow audio just won't play through my earphones.

applepie, May 16, 2020
  4. Barry_D89 Win User

Will a 3.5mm 4 conductor earphone jack work if plugged in one of the front panels that are...

Dell Latitude 5401 - Earphone jack intermittently working

Hi there,

I have a Dell Latitude 5401 that's earphone jack intermittently working. I plugged earphone in and the laptop picks up on the earphones but when I plug them out and back in, the laptop doesn't recognise them again. The system board has been replaced twice,
    but jack is still only works the odd time. I have updated the bios and removed the audio drivers completely and updated them.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Barry_D89, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Will a 3.5mm 4 conductor earphone jack work if plugged in one of the front panels that are... - Similar Threads - 5mm conductor earphone

2. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  3. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  4. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  5. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  6. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

7. audio jacks at the front panel do not work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio jacks at the front panel do not work: [ATTACH] (newly built pc) So my green audio jack at the back seems to work ( whether I plug in a headset or speakers) but none of the other ones work for audio at the back (although I assume only the green one is for audio anyways so its probably fine). But, the front...
  8. Front Panel Jack not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front Panel Jack not working: From the past versions of windows 10, my front jack (headphones) is working. Then when i installed the new update. The front jack cant be read or detect. Please help me so that i can listen peacefully. submitted by /u/johnbarillo18 [link] [comments]...
  9. Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.: Please can someone help? After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working. In the sounds it has a speaker option for 1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL 3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack...
  10. Front jack (panel) - works only one side

Front jack (panel) - works only one side: Greetings! I just bought a new PC and installed W10 (previously was using W7) and when i plugged my headphones to front jack i did not have any sound at all. I googled for some time to find a solution and found that i have to check "Disable front panel jack detection" and i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio jack pop up windows 10