Windows 10: Will a full reinstall of windows cause windows 10 pro to forget my license key?

Discus and support Will a full reinstall of windows cause windows 10 pro to forget my license key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought my PC with the license key installed on the hardware. Due to problems, I need to reinstall Windows 10. Will this cause my license key to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwaway-856, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Will a full reinstall of windows cause windows 10 pro to forget my license key?

I bought my PC with the license key installed on the hardware.

Due to problems, I need to reinstall Windows 10. Will this cause my license key to stop working? If so, then what can I do to continue using it?

submitted by /u/throwaway-856
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwaway-856, Mar 7, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Mar 7, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

I read through most of that thread and it seems you have to jump through windows insider hoops. Is there a Retail Windows 10 x64 PRO ISO I can download directly from microsoft that my windows 8 key will work with?

Easy Rhino, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Will a full reinstall of windows cause windows 10 pro to forget my license key?

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Will a full reinstall of windows cause windows 10 pro to forget my license key?

1. Will a full reinstall of windows cause windows 10 pro to forget my license key? - Similar Threads - full reinstall cause

2. Windows 10 Pro License Key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Pro License Key: Does anyone know where I can purchase a Windows 10 Pro License Key? I have tried the Microsoft Store and offical website but it seems not available.......... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-license-key/9acd9d2a-0d8a-4685-ac6b-c65fdb5ffc62
  3. Windows 10 Pro License Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro License Key: Does anyone know where I can purchase a Windows 10 Pro License Key? I have tried the Microsoft Store and offical website but it seems not available.......... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-license-key/9acd9d2a-0d8a-4685-ac6b-c65fdb5ffc62
  4. Windows License key reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License key reinstall: read a thread about transferring "Transfer Windows 10 license to SSD" i get what they are saying, but the problem that i have is that i went from windows 7 to windows 10, so do i reinstall windows 7 or 10??...
  5. License key for Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License key for Windows 10 Pro: I purchased a license for Windows 10 Pro through DigitalProductkey.com and they key does not appear to be working they provided. They tell me its a good licensed key. Is there a way to see if the key is good and licensed?...
  6. Forget windows 10 Pro key

Forget windows 10 Pro key: I was using fully activated windows 10Pro on my machine. Unfortunately it got currupted. Now I want to reinstall but don't have system image or backup plan. I don't have its key. Is there any way to get rid of this situation?...
  7. Windows 10 Pro License key

Windows 10 Pro License key: Hello... I just met problem. I always was using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version, 2 week ago I reinstalled windows to same version and my license key was working fine. But today I fresh installed new windows on same computer and I cant activate my license key... I get...
  8. license key for windows 10 pro

license key for windows 10 pro: received notice that my windows license will expire soon. PC came installed with windows 10 pro, have long lost original CD, have no idea how to retrieve orig. # Do I have to buy a new license for $139.00? Computer does show last four numbers/letters of original; not the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro License Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro License Key: Windows 10 Pro - Retail Windows 10 Pro - OEM Windows 10 Pro - Volume Planning bought windows 10 pro key today for my new pc build , what's different Retail , OEM , Volume ? submitted by /u/Maavampsz [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 Pro License Key

Windows 10 Pro License Key: Is this website providing a legit windows 10 pro product key or is it pirated? I do not want to get in any trouble after I buy it....