Windows 10: Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?

Discus and support Will a graphics card improve gaming performance? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have an Optiplex 990, intel i5 2500, and it's horrendously slow when I pull up ANY kind of game, the FPS goes to 3, or sometimes less than one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by yikenW, Apr 29, 2021.

1. yikenW Win User

Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?

So I have an Optiplex 990, intel i5 2500, and it's horrendously slow when I pull up ANY kind of game, the FPS goes to 3, or sometimes less than one frame per second. I don't think this is a problem with my desktop because its performance in normal use does not match up to gaming. The desktop is very fast on startup, signing in, and opening apps, but when it comes to gaming, the FPS goes to 1 or 2. Will a graphics card fix this issue, if so, which ones do you recommend are compatible with my dell Optiplex 990. When gaming, the CPU spikes to 100%, do you also reckon my CPU is good for gamin

:)

yikenW, Apr 29, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Apr 29, 2021
  3. How to increase gaming performance

Sir I'm using windows 10 with core i3 7th generation 8gb ram and 2.4ghz speed and 2 gb nvidia mx110 graphics card i need suggestions to how to improve gaming performance of my laptop

manishbajiya, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?

Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Will a graphics card improve gaming performance?

1. Will a graphics card improve gaming performance? - Similar Threads - graphics card improve

2. Gaming and Graphic software performance issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming and Graphic software performance issue: My Laptop is having performance issues while running games and using graphic softwares like blender, gimp etc.Don't know the reason behind it but programs suddenly stops for while and start working again,Games also while gaming lags for example while playing NFS Most...
  3. Gaming and Graphic software performance issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gaming and Graphic software performance issue: My Laptop is having performance issues while running games and using graphic softwares like blender, gimp etc.Don't know the reason behind it but programs suddenly stops for while and start working again,Games also while gaming lags for example while playing NFS Most...
  4. trying to improve performance-

trying to improve performance-: my computer is running too slowly. when i searched help, i was told to chesk fo the latest updates when i clicked on that I got an error message sayin the server terminated because it enclountereed a "client request loop". Now I cant get past that step in the tips to...
  5. Disabling ms services to improve Gaming performance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling ms services to improve Gaming performance: so I have tried disabling some services through: msconfig and services.msc but they still run after restarting my pc, am using the 1909 win10 build, can I get any other way/method of disabling -> Microsoft update, Microsoft passport and Microsoft passport container?...
  6. Improve performance

Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4
  7. Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards: This bug all new AMD cards with RADEON Driver - from Catalyst v15.7 to RADEON Crimson v18.7.1 (all versions) Experiment #1: RADEON R7 360 with "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" (without Radeon driver) Desktop: FPS = 800-860 Viewing the Spectrum foobar2000: FPS = 750-780...
  8. Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor 2D performance on new graphics cards: This bug all new AMD cards with RADEON Driver - from Catalyst v15.7 to RADEON Crimson v18.7.1 (all versions) Experiment #1: RADEON R7 360 with "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" (without Radeon driver) Desktop: FPS = 800-860 Viewing the Spectrum foobar2000: FPS = 750-780...
  9. Improve performance on netbook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improve performance on netbook: I have Windows 10 insider 14385 64-bit on a 6 year old netbook with Atom N455 and want to know if there is more room for improving performance. Currently it performs quite good, battery is good too, even faster than Win 7 in some circumstances, but there is some lag opening...
  10. Performance Improvement Needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Improvement Needed: New Windows 10 user cannot figure out how to run performance improvements functions (defrag, remove temp files, remove cookies, etc.). Please help. Thank you 77564