Windows 10: Will a refresh of a PC be able to remove a trojan?

Discus and support Will a refresh of a PC be able to remove a trojan? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I was wondering if resetting the PC without losing any personal data will be enough to remove a trojan. Thank you and take care! submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imkeneth, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Will a refresh of a PC be able to remove a trojan?

Hello I was wondering if resetting the PC without losing any personal data will be enough to remove a trojan.
    Thank you and take care!

submitted by /u/imkeneth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/imkeneth, Jun 2, 2020

2. apps removed while refreshing

Hi Tersia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that when you perform a system refresh(reset), the apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list
    of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

I suggest you to visit your manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for Windows 10.

To fix the issues with internet connection, I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Internet Connections.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 2, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    how to remove Sinowal virus?

It looks like there are a number of steps to remove this trojan, just follow the instructions cybertech gives throughout the topic.

IggSter, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Will a refresh of a PC be able to remove a trojan?

apps removed while refreshing

Hi AS, thank you so much for the quick reply, I appreciate.

I did do what you said but it seems I also short a driver like: bcmwdi.inf_dmd64_dd9fdb3ec546e714\bcmwdi.inf

My device is Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n. With the install of the driver on device manager, I see there is an message under 'events' it requires further installation with error code 0x0

I also did the troubleshoot with internet connection dropping, I get the message 'a cable is not plugged in' Sometimes the troubleshooter fix it but sometimes not. I do use the wireless on my mobile aswell and no problems appear with the mobile internet.

Any advice further?

tersia smit

tersiasmit, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Will a refresh of a PC be able to remove a trojan?

1. Will a refresh of a PC be able to remove a trojan? - Similar Threads - refresh able remove

2. I am not able to remove a trojan that windows defender found on the pc. Can someone suggest...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to remove a trojan that windows defender found on the pc. Can someone suggest...: I did a full scan. Windows Defender found 2 threats namely :1 Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml2Trojan:JS/AgentThe first one was removed, but when I tried to remove the second threat, it wont remove it nor would it be quarantined. I installed malwarebytes to scan, and the threat was...
  3. I am not able to remove a trojan that windows defender found on the pc. Can someone suggest...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to remove a trojan that windows defender found on the pc. Can someone suggest...: I did a full scan. Windows Defender found 2 threats namely :1 Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml2Trojan:JS/AgentThe first one was removed, but when I tried to remove the second threat, it wont remove it nor would it be quarantined. I installed malwarebytes to scan, and the threat was...
  4. I am not able to remove a trojan that windows defender found on the pc. Can someone suggest...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Trojan: Win32/LaplasClipper.D!MTB not able to remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan: Win32/LaplasClipper.D!MTB not able to remove: This threat shows up in my windows defender, it says threat level severe. When I click on actions ---> Remove ------> Start actions ------> It just runs a quick scan and doesn't remove it. I tried to remove it from quarantined threats and it gets removed there but when I go...
  6. Trojan: Win32/LaplasClipper.D!MTB not able to remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan: Win32/LaplasClipper.D!MTB not able to remove: This threat shows up in my windows defender, it says threat level severe. When I click on actions ---> Remove ------> Start actions ------> It just runs a quick scan and doesn't remove it. I tried to remove it from quarantined threats and it gets removed there but when I go...
  7. Trojan Removal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trojan Removal: Hello r/Windows10 First off, if I'm in the wrong place, please do let me know and (if you would be so kind) point me in the direction of a better sub/resource. My mother has just gotten a new work laptop and after (not super sure on the timeline here) getting her work's...
  8. remove trojan

remove trojan: remove trojan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-trojan/7cc108eb-a725-4f07-af19-16bba6ff007d
  9. removal of trojan threat

removal of trojan threat: My windows defender recently detected a trojan threat. It said that the threat was blocked. It then said "This threat or app has been allowed and will not be remediated in the future" But underneath it said " Status: Removed" I don't understand what that means. Is my...
  10. How to Remove trojan Virus from Pc?

How to Remove trojan Virus from Pc?: How to remove Trojan Virus form Window 7 32 bit by using MSE Security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-trojan-virus-from-pc/02c5325e-fc4b-447d-91f3-62000c2e58be